need a script. dont knw coding :(

awaix

Hi,

im looking for a autoit script which can do when run:

show a input box to insert keyword

then open up IE/FF whichever is a default browser.

and search for that keyword in step 1 on google.com but with some addition parameters like *-rpm -postgresql*

then displays the result but dont show the google header and the search bar of google itself.

so user using the software does not get to know which parameters were actually used. they just get to see the results.

please if someone can help me here?? i would really appreciate the help.

thanks

• Moderators

awaix,

First, welcome to the AutoIt forums. ;)

Everything you want to do sounds pretty doable in Autoit, but when you post here asking for help it is always a good idea to have had a go at solving your own problems beforehand. Having some code to work on is a great help - and no-one is too keen to help the "code it for me" brigade.

Reading the Help file (at least the first few sections - Using AutoIt, Tutorials and the first couple of References) will help you enormously. You should also look at the excellent tutorials that you will find here and here. There are even video tutorials on YouTube if you prefer watching to reading.

Look for InputBox and the _IE* functions in particular in the Help file once you think you have a reasonable handle on how AutoIt works.

Give it a go yourself - you might enjoy it! :evil: And you know where we are if you need help.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba,

yeah i knw im asking to much and no one have time to code for someone, but the problem with me is that ive never done coding ever! dont know anything about it. and ive been looking for such software for a long time now.. today on some forum i read about autoit and found a au3 file for some other function i was looking for and i thought if that can be done with autoit.. may be i should look for the above mentioned points here.

may be someone know sumthing similar?

thats not very urgent or important, but if someone can gets time or know anything like that please share. ;)

would be really greatful :evil:

thanks

awaix,

Think about this.. would you ask a surgeon to do a surgery for free just because you go to the same pub as him? You're not paying him for the time it takes to do the surgery, which may be negligible, you're paying him for the time it took him to learn.

That being said, there are several place where you could ask for this kind of thing.

Elance.com

Guru.com

oDesk.com

RentACoder.com