AutoTwit

turbov21

As part of another project, I needed to be able to post to Twitter. The following is a very simple, very basic Twitter client that will let you post tweets. It uses my Base64.au3 library as well as another library, Twitter.au3. Attached to this post are AutoTwit.au3 (the client) and Twitter.au3 (the Twitter library), the latter of which is not UDF standard and likely won't be (unless I can ever finish that RSS library I have in mind).

AutoTwit has not been heavily tested, but it does work. I haven't had a chance to try it when Twitter is under a heavy load.

Edited by turbov21

• 6 months later...

OAuth is my sense of humor's kryptonite.

Have implemented OAuth successfully into my Twitter UDF (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116600)

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia

Basic authentication removal is going to occur on August 16, 2010. turbov21 has provided the most simplistic example IMO and would be perfect if it used OAuth.

seangriffin on the other hand provided an excellent UDF meant to be used with a GUI... I like a GUI-less approach, to a UDF anyway, so that I can integrate it better easier with my apps. :blink:

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

seangriffin on the other hand provided an excellent UDF meant to be used with a GUI... I like a GUI-less approach, to a UDF anyway, so that I can integrate it better easier with my apps. :blink:

Clearly you've not paid much attention when you've authorized applications via oAuth.

It requires a GUI for you to enter your username and password into. This is why seangriffins UDF uses a GUI, so that Twitter can provide you with its site login form.

Ack.. Posted Image I had no idea that was required for oAuth.

It almost defeats the purpose of having a unique GUI if your forced to use Twitter's login page doesn't it?

Next time I'll research a bit better before posting about something of which I know nothing of.Posted Image

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

Not at all. How else do you propose users fill in their personal details without submitting them to third-parties?

James

But what if it is for private usage (single twitter account) is there a way to store some keys for re-useage?

See my last question in this topic

Edited by ErikE83

ErikE83,

But what if it is for private usage (single twitter account) is there a way to store some keys for re-useage?

The process of what iTunesTweet does is very simple, maybe it will enlighten you?

• It creates an _IE window which asks the user to confirm their login details for the iTunesTweet application. You can create your application using oAuth and Twitter details at twitter.com/oauth
  • If the login details are correct, Twitter sends you to a custom confirmation page.
  • The PHP class I'm using also handles the oauth and secret keys, which I store in the registry. The username and password now never have to be stored locally.
  • Now that I have the keys, I send them to my PHP postTo.php page (custom) which requests Twitter to perform actions. It will only do these if the keys are correctly matching whats in their system.
Go read about oAuth.

James