Make pdf files

I'm writing a program where you can add information about certain events.

Now I want to summary this information and save it into a .pdf file!

I've search the forum and found this:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42776&hl=fly2pdf&st=0

My first question is. Can I use this? I've tried to understand how the script

works, but i don't find where he defines how the document would look like!

I've also found a program called fly2pdf. This seems to do all I need to.

The only problem is the same here: Idon't understand how it works. And i

don't find any documentation, exampels or any thing.

But i do find a pdf file that I think explains some things. But since it

is written in German witch I don't speak it's quite use less

The big question is: How can i make my program write it own pdfs?

would be glad for help!

Edited by PhilipG

I don't know about those links but to create a pdf from data you just need to print the data to a pdf creator. The first problem you may have is how to actually print the data. There are various examples of printing around and there is a udf in my signature which makes it relatively easy (I hope) to arrange the text and graphics on a page. I have given some links in my thread to other ways. Then when you print the formatted text and graphics result you just need to select the pdf creator instead of a printer.

CutePDF is an example of a free pdf writer that installs as a printer.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

An alternative for creating PDFs is the libharu dll. It creates PDFs directly without the need of installig a printer or an ActiveX-dll.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I don't know about those links but to create a pdf from data you just need to print the data to a pdf creator. The first problem you may have is how to actually print the data. There are various examples of printing around and there is a udf in my signature which makes it relatively easy (I hope) to arrange the text and graphics on a page. I have given some links in my thread to other ways. Then when you print the formatted text and graphics result you just need to select the pdf creator instead of a printer.

CutePDF is an example of a free pdf writer that installs as a printer.

That printer script was really nice. And I think it will solve most of my problems. But the user will still need to have installed a pdf printer in order for it to work.

An alternative for creating PDFs is the libharu dll. It creates PDFs directly without the need of installig a printer or an ActiveX-dll.

Thats why I think this is a better solution for this particular program. But i'm afraid i never worked with dll calls!

How does that work for libharu? I guess that that's what i should use right?)

Thats why I think this is a better solution for this particular program. But i'm afraid i never worked with dll calls!

How does that work for libharu? I guess that that's what i should use right?)

That's right, you have to use DLLCall, but don't aks me write UDFs for it since there are so many functions in the DLL and i do not have the motivation and the time to wrap them into AutoIt-functions.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

That's right, you have to use DLLCall, but don't aks me write UDFs for it since there are so many functions in the DLL and i do not have the motivation and the time to wrap them into AutoIt-functions.

Thanks I'm trying to sort it out right now. Though it's quite hard since I've never done it before. Thanks for the tip by the way! I Think it will prove really helpful!