Get unknown reg

Rex

Does any of u know how to finde out wath the current users enty under HKEY_Users is ?, if i look in the reg mine is HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2025429265-220523388-725345543-1003, but at my Laptop it's HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2025429265-220523388-725368538-1003.

I need it to change the path's og my favorites and documents w.m.

Use HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ instead of "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2025429265-220523388-725345543-1003\"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Windows xp don't worke like that :)

I also need to change the reg in HKU, xp can't finde out of it else.

Normaly i use Tweakiui for xp to change the path for my favorites, but i would like to do so in my own script

for hkey local machine I use HKLM

So maybe its HKCU

For instance to get the resolution for ffxi I use this

Local $resx = RegRead ( "HKLM\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI", "0001" )
Local $resy = RegRead ( "HKLM\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI", "0002" )

So I would try HKCU

Also if I could see a section of your script that uses what you are trying to do then maybe I can help a little more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I havent wrot the script yet, course without knowing how to read the unknown key from reg. there is no need to write the script :)

Windows xp don't worke like that :)

I also need to change the reg in HKU, xp can't finde out of it else.

Normaly i use Tweakiui for xp to change the path for my favorites, but i would like to do so in my own script

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the Microsoft documentaiton, I'm right.

If HKEY_CURRENT_USER (or HKCU) really doesn't work after you try it, then see RegEnumKey

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!