Train Switchboard - How to start

Hest

Hello to all of you.

I would like to make a switchboard for trains. Something like this http://berros.nl/itrain/images/Station.png

I'm a little unclear on how to actually do this. How I can "draw" the track in each square and how to operate it afterwards, so what I'm looking for, is just a little info/help on how to start this project.

How should I approach this?

Anyone have some tips for me?

Thx

Software:Model Train Calculator (Screen)Autoit3 beginner!

Hest, so far I've never seen any expertise by any member of this community in operating model trains. I'm sure there are a few, but the chances of them finding this topic are much more slim than if you would go to another forum, filled with experts in this subject.

Try to find another forum, I am positive there are, dedicated to operating model trains. You will most definitely find the geekiest and smartest people on this subject over there.

Good luck.

You're asking model train specific questions, if you don't want to know about how to operate model trains; then don't ask about model trains. If you do, then go to another forum for the best results.

All you're going to get from us is how to draw on a window, and once you'll figure out how to do the train operations, you'll see their way of drawing is so different that you have to start all over again.

But fine, waste your time if you wish.

Lol where did that come from...

Maybe if you had just told me, I should learn how to draw in a window and make some squares or whatever, it would have been more helpfull. Just thought asking about Autoit, on the Autoit forum would be best. Guess I was wrong.

But thx anyway.. I'll figure it out elsewhere!

Software:Model Train Calculator (Screen)Autoit3 beginner!

You don't understand. You asked for pointers how to start this project, I told you that the best way to get pointers that make any sense at all would be to go to a train model forum. Once you go there, people are going to tell not to use AutoIt, but get started in another language. The relevance of AutoIt at that point is absolutely zero.

You've already said you don't know any better, so when I tell you how you should actually do it, I get talk back because apparently you do know better. What is it? Do you want real help or do you want some farce of people pretending to know?