FileGetVersion / AutoIt Compiler bug?

Weired problem...If i compile my script with a version no, "FileGetVersion" gets 46089.0.0.0...I had a look when i right-click on my script (exe), under "version" i get File Version 46089.0.0.0(This is correct according to windows and Autoit)...just below that under "Other version Information", i get the version ive asigned to the file. How can i make AutoIt to get the correct version applied to my script?

Maybe i'm missing something?

thx guys....

Edited by MariusN

• Developers

How did you exavtly set the version of your script?

Show a snipped used and when using autoit3wrapper show also the SciTE Output pane information generated at compilation time.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Ok, so you are trying to mis-use the version and set to major version number to a 8 digit date: 20100105.0.0.0 ;)

The version numbers are 16bit(2bytes) unsigned integer so that means that max value is 65535.

Why not add a separate field that contains this info?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok, so you are trying to mis-use the version and set to major version number to a 8 digit date: 20100105.0.0.0 ;)

The version numbers are 16bit(2bytes) unsigned integer so that means that max value is 65535.

Why not add a separate field that contains this info?

Not at all...The "EXTRA" digits you see there 0.0.0 the program assigned it...If you look cadefully youll see the date BACKWARDS ie 05 01 2010 (5 jan 2010)

I was under the impression it will use my date as a version. This way i can let people get the latest vesion online (of my program) by using the version compare function...but i see what you mean..i'll have to make a plan and not use the date then?

No prob, but would be nice if a person could use 8 digits...then you can always see when the applicatipon was compiled/created.

PS: I still appreciate you guys for bringing such a nice Language to the public...thanks for that :evil:

Edited by MariusN

Could you not have the major version as the year then . Month .Day.0

So the version today would be 2010.1.8.0

O ok...thx Chris...I see the digits must be BETWEEN the dots, and not in a straight line...thx for clearing this out for me ;)