SCiTE Autocomplete problems

ning

There's a problem with my installlation of SCiTE4AutoIt3 on my laptop. Whenever I type certain phrases in comments or strings in an .au3 file, it immediately autocompletes with (usually) some unwanted AutoIt keyword. There's no dropdown, the word just appears immediately.

For instance, I want to type "C:\Network\ASTeC" (with quotes, i.e. a string). When I press N followed by E for 'Network', it immediately turns into 'Next'.

This is extremely annoying. I've put up with it for a while, but I can stand it no longer. I've searched the forums but can't find anyone else that's had the same problem. I've made a clean installation (i.e. uninstalled and deleted the Program Files\AutoIt3 folder prior to installation) of AutoIt3 v3.3.2 and SCiTE4AutoIt3, but it still happens.

Is there an option somewhere in the .properties files to fix this? I don't understand why it happens with a clean installation though - does SCiTE alter any registry keys?

Thanks...

ben

I don't know what's causing it, but you can set autocomplete off by opening the au3.properties file (search for it in your AutoIt\Scite directory) and editing this line:

autocomplete.au3.disable=0

to: ( you guessed it )

autocomplete.au3.disable=1

Edit: By the way, most of the people who have problems with SciTe and it's autocomplete are somehow having the wrong version running. Make sure that all instances of SciTe are uninstalled, also uninstall SciTe light or any other versions, and reinstall the latest SCiTe4AutoIt3.

Edited by Manadar