Script to Determine IE Version

Webs

I need a script that can find the version of IE running on a system. This way my larger script will check for the version and if it's not current enough, will stop executing. In searching the helpfile I found "_IE_VersionInfo" but this checks the AutoIT version of IE, not the version running on the system. I searched the forums and found no help either.

If anyone can help, thank you ahead time!

Assuming it is distinguishably different on each version of IE, you should only need to read the version info from iexplore.exe. There's an AutoIt function to do that.

What is the function? The only IE version info I have been able to find in the help file is the function I mentioned above. When I run that function I get a message box that informs me it's au3 version 2.4-0. This makes no sense as I have IE 7.0 running on my system. Which is why I am assuming it's AutoIt's version of IE.

This is not what I need for my script, I need the version info of IE installed on my system, or any system.

FileGetVersion() is the function. This code returns "6.0.2900.5512" on my system.

Local $sVersion = FileGetVersion(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe")
MsgBox(0,"",$sVersion)

That worked perfect, thanks for your help!

Wish I knew that command last week, I used WMI to query for it.

$1 = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=Impersonate}!\\localhost\Root\CIMV2\Applications\MicrosoftIE")
If Not IsObj($1) Then Exit

;Check if IE7 is Installed
$2 = $1.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM MicrosoftIE_Summary")

For $3 In $2
    $result = ($3.Version)
Next

$result1 = StringLeft($result, 1)

If $result1 = 7 Then
Exit
Else
    ShellExecute("B:\IE7.exe")
;MsgBox(0, "test", "" & $result1)
EndIf