Links Collection problem

Hello,

I am doing a links collection and then string searching for a specific one. It is working correctly about 70% of the time.

To debug, I inserted code to write all the collected links to a file (right after the collection, but before the string search), to make sure the link that I am looking at is there.

When my collection fails to match the link I'm looking for, it turns out that all the links are not in the file I wrote the collected links to. Of course, when I then go to the DebugBar and look at the links, there they are!

So, is it possible that the links are not all there for collection, even after the _IELoadWait ($oIE) completes???

I'm sure someone else must have experienced this, as this is what I seem to be seeing.

However, I realize that in programming, all is not always as it seems!

Thanks for any suggestions you may have,

Regards,

Doug

Hello,

I am doing a links collection and then string searching for a specific one. It is working correctly about 70% of the time.

To debug, I inserted code to write all the collected links to a file (right after the collection, but before the string search), to make sure the link that I am looking at is there.

When my collection fails to match the link I'm looking for, it turns out that all the links are not in the file I wrote the collected links to. Of course, when I then go to the DebugBar and look at the links, there they are!

So, is it possible that the links are not all there for collection, even after the _IELoadWait ($oIE) completes???

I'm sure someone else must have experienced this, as this is what I seem to be seeing.

However, I realize that in programming, all is not always as it seems!

Thanks for any suggestions you may have,

Regards,

Doug

I don't know of any reason that there is refresh going on.

I put in a loop to continue to do link collections until I find the link I'm looking for. I also put in some ConsoleWrite statements inside the loop.

What I was guessing was correct, it takes a long time for the links to all get in. My loop makes anywhere from only 1 to at least 10 passes before the link I'm looking for arrives. This loop solved my problem, but I would like to know why this is happening and if there is a better solution.

Thanks

We can't reproduce your symptoms without a web site we can sensibly test it against, and some example of how you are checking it. What site are you using?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks for the response and the offer to help. I am still debugging this and learning more as time goes on. I'm using a stock investing website (NavellierGrowth.com) and downloading some .csv portfolio files. My basic issue here is that the _IELoadWait function is not really working for me - I begin looking for links with "link collection" after a LoadWait command, but the links are not all there yet. The link I need is usually around 30 or so out of about 500. Sometimes it takes 12-15 link collections to get to the link I want. I write the number of links found on each loop and often I loop 3 or 4 times with no links there. Then they start coming in.

I think I'll wait for requesting additional help until I find out more - as there is one other issue also - occasionally the link is never found and the loop continues until I shut it down. I need to figure this out before I take up anyone else's time on this.

I'll post later if required

Doug