autoit error appears when script is compiled

Rather than try to skin the error, how about debugging your script so it doesn't produce the error in first place?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What's the error and why would you want it to be a custom error?

The program upper right corner icon can be set when you are compiling, click on the second tab when the compile screen loads

is there any directive or way to make it not come up as an autoit error but as a custom one or something? and how can i put my own icon in the compiled program instead of the autoit one?

Can you get the error to replicate consistently?

If so to debug try this, put some consolewrite("Unique text here" & @crlf) and see which consolewrite is last written before your program bug checks, then trace through the code and find out what executes right after that last traceable consolewrite

I just don't want it to say AutoIt error and Line -1. I was wondering if I could take it out or change what it says.

And I don't know how to debug my script. I'm a noob with debugging.

I just don't want it to say AutoIt error and Line -1. I was wondering if I could take it out or change what it says.

And I don't know how to debug my script. I'm a noob with debugging.

are you seriously suggesting you can't read SciTE console output after 345 posts ?

my crystal ball gently hummed "Well you've been a-messing, where you shouldn't' have been a-messing ..." LOL

whim

are you seriously suggesting you can't read SciTE console output after 345 posts ?

my crystal ball gently hummed "Well you've been a-messing, where you shouldn't' have been a-messing ..." LOL

whim

haha LOLS dude ur funny man. i didn't know all debugging was, was to put consolewrite in and wait and see.

Actually, i was just referring to watching what comes up, errorwise, in the SciTE console,

when you are compiling your source / running your source from SciTE ...

whim

Edited by whim

My question remains is that if there is an error that does come up that I miss, Can it not say AutoIt error and say something else like "Program Error"?

This is the error that I'm talking about. Can I change it to something else instead of "AutoIt Error"?

Edited by Hypertrophy

For whatever reason you are trying to hide that autoit is running on your computer or someone else's, I don't care

Either the wording for "autoit error" is in one of the built in functions in c:\program files\autoit, or it's built into the base program somewhere. You can try searching the built in functions in your program files.

My question remains is that if there is an error that does come up that I miss, Can it not say AutoIt error and say something else like "Program Error"?

This is the error that I'm talking about. Can I change it to something else instead of "AutoIt Error"?

[attachment=29215:pic.bmp]