Quick Scite Question

Quick question here. I develop from several different machines on a network. I would like to tell each Scite installation to look at one location for Include files. Since I'm adding/editing those includes all the time, it would be nice to have one central location for all of them to look at. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this currently or any ideas that might help?

Thats not a scite question :D

There is a special registry value that can be created at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" called "Include". It should be a REG_SZ (string) value. The contents of this value are a semi-colon delimited list of directories that should be searched for files when resolving #include's in addition to the standard locations.

Wow... I never knew it was in scite config!

I presume it just edits those registry keys.

My guess is that you're right, but it's still not working either way. Even though I've set it to reflect the directory I want it to pull from, it's still a no go. I'm going to tinker with it a bit.

• Developers

It is indeed setting the registry entry that AutoIt3 and AUt2Exe looks at as defined in the helpfile.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It is indeed setting the registry entry that AutoIt3 and AUt2Exe looks at as defined in the helpfile.

Jos

Strangely though, it's not working. I've got a network drive mapped (may be the problem since it's network) and I put it in there, yet it won't see the include files. I'm going to keep working with it.

• Developers

Strangely though, it's not working. I've got a network drive mapped (may be the problem since it's network) and I put it in there, yet it won't see the include files. I'm going to keep working with it.

Is the compile running with the same credentials is is the drive available?

Have you tried UNC?

Will do some quick tests myself to see if it works.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Tested on Win7 x64:

These are my results when running a test from SciTE with an Include file on a Share:

Mapped drive worked only when I ran SciTE in normal mode (Not Admin).

UNC worked in both cases.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.