RENAME "Autoit3.exe" "autoit3wrapper.exe"

Hey there.

When I am running a script,I dont want autoit3.exe and autoit3wrapper.exe to appear in the Taskmanager.

Or at least under a different name.

I've tried to replace all "autoit3.exe" strings in my autoit-directory according to the new RENAMDED autoit3.exe ,...but after running running the script from the editor, it complains the missing autoit3.exe.

So any way in telling the scite-editor, where the new named EXE is located?

thx

If you dont want autoit3.exe and autoit3wrapper.exe to appear in the Taskmanager then you should compile your script to , let's say "script.exe". When running the mentioned compiled script, in Taskmanager you will find only "script.exe" or whatever name you gave it.

If you dont want autoit3.exe and autoit3wrapper.exe to appear in the Taskmanager then you should compile your script to , let's say "script.exe". When running the mentioned compiled script, in Taskmanager you will find only "script.exe" or whatever name you gave it.

Hey leos.

looool..I knew this answer would come.

Forgot to tell, that I dont want to compile my script all the time, when I am still developing the source.

Of course automating it, would take too much time to compile everytime.

Any suggestions?

If you have problems with it being called "autoit3.exe" then you can use the @Compiled macro to detect if your script is compiled or not. Alternatively, you can use @AutoItExe to determine the name of the currently running executable, that is executing your script.

There's no way to rename any of the AutoIt executables without causing a lot of compatibility problems with editors, and such.

Hmmm...your two macros are only giving me information I already have....don't know how it would help me? (Did I miss something?)

Should it not be possible to just rename autoit.exe into something else, and replace the marker in the editor(scite) which is pointing to autoit3.exe

• Developers

Hmmm...your two macros are only giving me information I already have....don't know how it would help me? (Did I miss something?)

Should it not be possible to just rename autoit.exe into something else, and replace the marker in the editor(scite) which is pointing to autoit3.exe

Before screwing everything up could you also explain why you want to screw it up?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just wanna program a bot and don't want the application to see that autoit3.exe is running, in case it scans for it.

HA. Good luck getting help here then.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

You can rename the interpreter (autoit3.exe), you just can't run it from SciTE anymore. Rename the file, then double click the newly named file and select the script you want to run.

Beside that, any detection algorithm that checks for AutoIt scripts can easily do a more sophisticated check than just checking for the file name. If you are paranoid about whatever could be scanning your computer, then try running it with as low priviledges as possible.

Thank you for trying to help me...but your solution is not quiet practically to work with.(And the problem with autoit3wrapper.exe remains)

I really thought it must be possible to do it as mentioned above,...since in scite must be a pointer to autoit3.exe

but anyway...I just stop being paranoid :D

My boted program is already running with lowered rights.

A program with lowered rights does not have the authority to gain infos about any process, but it still can READ the names!

Thx anyway.

You can write another script that assigns a hotkey function to F5, which will run the newly named interpreter with your script. The downside is that you won't be able to read ConsoleWrite output in SciTE directly, but you can get around that by simulating the effects of SciTE.

Other then that, I have really no idea how to change the behavior of SciTE. Maybe you can change some registry values of the AutoIt install, and you'll have some more luck. It's all in the help file. :D

• Developers

Thank you for trying to help me...but your solution is not quiet practically to work with.(And the problem with autoit3wrapper.exe remains)

I really thought it must be possible to do it as mentioned above,...since in scite must be a pointer to autoit3.exe

but anyway...I just stop being paranoid :D

My boted program is already running with lowered rights.

A program with lowered rights does not have the authority to gain infos about any process, but it still can READ the names!

Thx anyway.

Listen, I don't really care if you want to screw around with your autoit3 setup on your computer but please do not bother us with this no productive BS.

*click*

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)