How to set the tab size for @TAB

Is there a option to set the size for @TAB ?

I couldn't find the answer in this forum and help file.

thx

AFAIK, @TAB is a character in itself, so you're just gonna have to have multiple spaces.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

The @TAB character tells the application that displays the text to move on to the next tab position.

So it depends on the application where to position the text after the @tab.

What application do you use?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Doesn't work (here).

You get "GWT Deploy0 [Ctrl+F11]" in the tray because the calculation @Tab / 2 doesn't return a valid result ( = "0").

I think you'll have to replace @TAB by four spaces.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I am using @tab in AutoIt in TrayCreateItem("GWT Deploy" & @TAB & " [Ctrl+F11]")

The tab works to align the Accelerator key. However, it takes on 8 characters. I will like to use it for 4 instead.

Just divide it by two:

TrayCreateItem("GWT Deploy" & @TAB / 2 & " [Ctrl+F11]")

It's a joke. Laugh dammit

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Are you sure about that? :huggles:

You've got a bit confused there trancexx, because @tab/2 is actually an eigth of space, so for one space you would need

Chr(Int(Asc(@tab)/2)*8):D

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You've got a bit confused there trancexx, because @tab/2 is actually an eigth of space, so for one space you would need

Chr(Int(Asc(@tab)/2)*8):D

Aha!

I knew this day would come. :huggles:

You have a memory leak in your code. See (it's extremely well commented so that everybody can follow):

$sSpace = Chr(Int(Asc(@TAB) / 2) * 8) ; this is your brilliance

$vOtherHalfOfTheTab = @TAB / 2 ; you forgot about this completely
$vOtherHalfOfTheTab = 0 ; Free memory!

...is actually an eigth of space, so

:

Space can't be measured. It's just huge.

... now back from the void(*).

♡♡♡

eMyvnE