Can AIT interact with a jcl file or jcl code to query a db2 database?

gte

• Developers

JCL?

The only relation I have with JCL is Job Control Language but that's IBM mainframe stuff.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

So that JCL stuff still exists. I worked with it around 1980 but that were punchcards. :D

Anyway, I have no idea what you mean by "call a jcl file". to me its a fat fat that consists of records with a lenght of 80 characters.

Making a call to a db2 database requires at least a ODBC driver that you can work through.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Jos :D

I was a twinkle in my Mom's eye in 1980, haha

They way our db developers describe this JCL thing in the documentation, is that they make it seem like you can call it almost like an object, and then have it act as a mediary for the high level app and the mainframe.

Any ideas?

So that JCL stuff still exists. I worked with it around 1980 but that were punchcards. :huggles:

Anyway, I have no idea what you mean by "call a jcl file". to me its a fat fat that consists of records with a lenght of 80 characters.

Making a call to a db2 database requires at least a ODBC driver that you can work through.

Jos

• Developers

The JCL I knew was to describe the batch jobs ran daily/weekly/monthly and was just a way to define which programs to run and what files to use.

Haven't worked with JCL since 1985-ish and have no idea what you are describing here.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

And you're doing this in Windows? A quick google on JCL with DB2 turned up z/OS applications?!

:D

Correct, It use to be a 370 Mainframe running MVS/CICS/TSO/IMS and you connected via a 3270 green tube. :huggles:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Psalty, I have no idea why this page is setup this way.

I have a feeling we have an old cobol programmer that refuses to modernize? I'm going to see if there is some way to export to an access db or an xml or something, so I can parse through that

Jos, Psalty, thanks for helping with brainstorming.

And you're doing this in Windows? A quick google on JCL with DB2 turned up z/OS applications?!

:D