Backup Windows 7 activation?

Hi, I want to make something I can schedule that will backup Windows 7 activation status and store it on a server share. The goal is to avoid having to reactivate if a reinstall is needed, and to backup the data on a regular basis because it becomes invalid for the machine if hardware changes (in the case of my users, some of them have to swap things like video cards and multiport NICs in and out and stuff).

I think I can figure out all of the needed steps except the Windows 7 key part.

I don't want to extract and decode the key, as I could care less about seeing the actual key. I only want to store the needed binary data and be able to restore it if the machine needs to be reinstalled (so I'm not storing the key where it can be read by someone else and easily re-used, some of these are MSDN keys which have a limited number of activations and some are MAK activated but I have no way of easily telling which user will have which type).

Would this work? Does anyone know what registry keys I need to save for 32 and 64 bit Windows 7, MAK and non-MAK activations?

Or does this fall under the topics which aren't to be discussed here (if so, my apologies in advance to the mods)?

Always carry a towel.

Hey Man,

Pretty sure no ones gonna give you the answer in a place as accessable to the public like here - regardless of your intentions. My advice is just reactivate it - and if it eventually locks up on you place a call to microsoft. Its not gonna lock up on you after a couple of reinstalls or the phone lines would be inundated. It will be nothing as simple as a reg hack anyways...

Matt