_WinApi_ReadFile

Mat

kk, I'm trying to get a nice Console UDF going based on the initial work here, and then followed up by the work here after the raw reading method was removed from AutoIt. I have the basic function (_ConsoleReadLine) sorted now, and am moving on to some other functions that are useful when trying to make a console app. One of the first I considered was _ConsoleWait, which will mimic the standard "Press any key to continue..." by writing that text to the console and then waiting for user input. I expected using a parameter of 1 for max bytes to read in ReadFile to return as soon as 1 byte of data had been submitted, so wrote the following:

Func _ConsoleWait()
    If Not @Compiled Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Not compiled
    ConsoleWrite("Press any key to continue...")

Local $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char"), $nRead
    Local $hFile = _WinAPI_CreateFile("CON", 2, 2)

_WinAPI_ReadFile($hFile, DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer), 1, $nRead)
    If DllStructGetData($tBuffer, 1) <> @CR Then ConsoleWrite(@CR)

_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFile)
EndFunc   ;==>_ConsoleWait

However, it only returns from the readfile function once the user has hit enter. The question is this: How would I detect any keypress?

I hope this doesn't end up like my last question, which I will no doubt be bumping for the second time at 10:00...

Mat

Edited by Mat

I hope this doesn't end up like my last question, which I will no doubt be bumping for the second time at 10:00...

Mat

What about your last question? It got answered...

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law