what causes @temp errors

yonu

thanks for replying and was easier jst to include a screenshot

That can't have been easier. When the MsgBox() is active you can just press CTRL+C to copy all text :D

Anyway, that means exactly what it says, path cannot be found. Try to check if the file really exist with FileExist() before you run it.

Also what version do you use? That "AutoIt Error" has to be antique. You really should upgrade, if not for the features then for the increased speed. Or because AutoIt doesn't hard-crash for such things anymore.

I am sure the code is antique however I don't have the source code for the whole program and yes the path does exist I have watched the program unzup and place the files there then i get the error the odd thing is the error just started about 2 or 3 days ago.

as a side note i tried it in a virtual machine with a fresh windows install and it works fine so what could change in windows to cause this error to happen

According to your message box screenshot, it's going into \New User\, is that the name of the user you're using the script on?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com