running .exe's on pc's

Im loving Autoit and have spent some time creating an auction search engine with autoit script.

I want to distribute this program as runs along side all the data i have collected, on a DVD.(poss mem stick too)

This maybe a silly question but would the autoit exe (once converted) beable to run, no questions asked? Would i need some kind of setup before the autoit exe would run?

My guess is it would but with most programs downloaded or purchased, one needs to enter the "setup" wizard.

Just to let you know the autoit program and pics for the gui and data are all located in the same file and runs perfectly on my pc.

As i say i might be being a little paranoid but just wondered. thanks

It should work. However, I would suggest going over to friends' houses and trying your program on their systems.

I have a program on a memory stick and it runs fine on any system I plug into - everything is unpacked on the stick and when I am finished, there is nothing left behind.

Big note here is : Test! Test! Test!

Isn't brill a fish? :D

Anyway, you really should have used the helpfile, it's written very clear in "Compiling Scripts".

It is possible to take your .au3 script and compile it into a standalone executable; this executable can be used without the need for AutoIt to be installed and without the need to have AutoIt3.exe on the machine.

So unless you use some external things it should work. As long as people have free choice you can never be really sure about anything.

If you had some specific UDF/function in mind then I suggest you tell us which, we are not mind-readers after all! :huggles: