_Show_Toast()

Func _Show_Toast()

$sMsg = " " & @CRLF

_Toast_Set(Default)
    ; Show the Toast
    Local $aRet = _Toast_Show(0, "Hyperlink", $sMsg, 0) ; No delay
    Local $hToast = _AutoItParent()

; Add the hyperlink
    $cHyperLink = _GUICtrlHyperLink_Create("AutoIt Official Website", 10, 30, 150, 15, 0x0000FF, 0x551A8B, _
             - 1, 'www.autoitscript.com', 'Visit: www.autoitscript.com', $hToast)
    ; Start a timer
    Local $iBegin = TimerInit()
    ; Now wait for a preset time or until hyperlink is clicked
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $cHyperLink
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch

If TimerDiff($iBegin) > 20000 Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    WEnd

_GUICtrlHyperLink_Delete($cHyperLink)
    _Toast_Hide()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Show_Toast

Func _AutoItParent()
    Local $iLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', -99, -99, 1, 1)
    Local $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetParent(GUICtrlGetHandle($iLabel))
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0 * GUICtrlDelete($iLabel), 0)
    EndIf
    GUICtrlDelete($iLabel)
    Return $hWnd
EndFunc   ;==>_AutoItParent
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

guinness,

Clever! I was wondering about using WinGetHandle and using the Toast title to identify it, but your way is much better. :thumbsup:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

coffeeturtle,

To use the GUICtrlHyperLink UDF you will need to modify the Toast UDF slightly. Open it in SciTE and change lines #421-4 to read:

; Create array to return Toast dimensions and handle
Local $aToast_Data[4] = [$iToast_Width, $iToast_Height, $iLine_Height, $hToast_Handle]

Return $aToast_Data

Now the UDF returns the handle of the []Toast and so we can use the GUICtrlHyperLink UDF like this:

#include "Toast_Mod.au3"
#include "GUICtrlHyperLink.au3"

Global $cHyperLink

_Show_Toast()

Func _Show_Toast()

$sMsg = " " & @CRLF

_Toast_Set(Default)
; Show the Toast
Local $hToast = $aRet[3]
; Add the hyperlink
$cHyperLink = _GUICtrlHyperLink_Create("AutoIt Official Website", 10, 30, 150, 15, 0x0000FF, 0x551A8B, _
-1, 'www.autoitscript.com', 'Visit: www.autoitscript.com', $hToast)
; Start a timer
While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $cHyperLink
ExitLoop
EndSwitch

ExitLoop
EndIf
WEnd

_Toast_Hide()
Exit

EndFunc

That works perfectly for me - how about you? :)

M23

Melba23,

Let me just first say your helpfulness has been Awesome! Thank you very much!

You modified your own UDF to accomodate my request!

You gave me a working example code using your new UDF (combining GuiCtrlHyperlink)!

I am going to test this later today, hopefully! This is EXACTLY what I needed!

Thank you!

With the current UDF.

#include "Toast.au3"
#include "GUICtrlHyperLink.au3"
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global $cHyperLink

_Show_Toast()

Func _Show_Toast()

$sMsg = " " & @CRLF

_Toast_Set(Default)
; Show the Toast
Local $hToast = _AutoItParent()

; Add the hyperlink
- 1, 'www.autoitscript.com', 'Visit: www.autoitscript.com', $hToast)
; Start a timer
While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $cHyperLink
ExitLoop
EndSwitch

ExitLoop
EndIf
WEnd

_Toast_Hide()
Exit
EndFunc ;==>_Show_Toast

Func _AutoItParent()
Local $iLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', -99, -99, 1, 1)
Local $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetParent(GUICtrlGetHandle($iLabel))
If @error Then
Return SetError(1, 0 * GUICtrlDelete($iLabel), 0)
EndIf
GUICtrlDelete($iLabel)
Return $hWnd
EndFunc ;==>_AutoItParent

guinness! Just saw your post (it spilled on to the next page!

You were right. It was simpler than I imagined, but I would never had been able to come up with your solution. Thank you for sharing with us!

Big thank you to both you and Melba23! You both have been extremely helpful!

• Moderators

coffeeturtle,

I am delighted we could assist you , but in future please use the "Reply to this topic" button at the top of the thread or the "Reply to this topic" editor at the bottom rather than the "Quote" button - we know what we wrote and it just pads the thread unneccessarily. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Clever!

Thank Yashied for that little piece of code, actually Mat for bringing it to my attention. 2011 was a good year for learning AutoIt!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

coffeeturtle,

I use whichever best suits the situation. When I know it is only one thing at a time that needs to be displayed I usually use Toast as it links with the tray and the app icon there - if I think there might be multiple notifications in a short period I use Notify. Horses for courses as the saying goes. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

I would like to display an image, but in the toast all i can find is icon:

_Toast_Show($vIcon, $sTitle, $sMessage, [$iDelay [, $fWait [, $fRaw]]])
    ; Parameters ....: $vIcon    - 0 - No icon, 8 - UAC, 16 - Stop, 32 - Query, 48 - Exclamation, 64 - Information

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

careca,

You seem to be using a lot of my UDFs lately! :D

I have some code in the Notify UDF which I can port to this one which will allow images to be displayed.  So standby for a new release soon. :)

But, as I explained in the Notify thread, I will still limit the image to 32x32 as these are small dialogs, not image display GUIs. ;)

M23

Spoiler

Yeah, usefull stuff, that is good news! You see, im working on that music player i have, and the objective is to use a notification, or a toast, to display the album art, whenever the music starts or i change to the next, the user could see the image corresponding to the song.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 20 May 13

Added: You can now display an image file as well as an icon.

Thanks to careca for the request. ;)

New UDF, example and zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

Awesome! Good job Melba! Gonna try.

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

Working fine, thank you, any chance you're going to release a version that displays images with 128, 256 px?

EDIT: Typo + Forget about it, did a few tweaks, and now it shows an image with 70px. Check the pic. :)

post-68092-0-81428700-1369096198_thumb.p

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

careca,

Glad you got it working - because as I explained in the Notify thread, I am not going to change the icon/image size.  There UDFs are meant to show small information messages, not display large images. ;)

M23

Spoiler