How to make Toast - New version 2 Aug 18

Melba23

• Moderators

1Rv34,

Entirely my fault - I left a debugging line in the code I posted. You will also get some SciTE console output. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Hi,

If anyone downloaded yesterday's update, please download it again. I left some debugging code in there (only 1 line) but it will give an "undelared variable" error and also write to the SciTE console. Sorry! :)

New UDF and zip in the first post. ;)

M23

P.S. I blame 1RV34 - if he stopped finding bugs I would not have to fix them. ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

P.S. I blame 1RV34 - if he stopped finding bugs I would not have to fix them. :)

I agree! wait... ;)

& it was not my intention! XD

But anyway... it's now fully working in my script & dont notice any bugs! :)

Thanks for the amazing UDF & much respect for it. I don't see me coding anything this good ;)

MsgBox(0x40040, "", "Hello Forum!")

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Can someone verify the ZIP file - when I try to download it, it says that it is corrupted?

OS winxp - compressed - says same

winzip - says same

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I've had this issue with downloads from here, I use 7Zip to open them then open the folder inside the zip, then extract the contents of that folder. It's the only way I can get to work with zips from here.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

nitekram,

The first post file downloads and unzips fine for me - but I have had to do the "double unzip" on some other downloads from the forum. Alas, I am afraid I have no idea why. :wacko:

M23

Spoiler

Really strange - I had my coworker download the same file, and he was able to open it. Not sure if it is my computer, as we just changed desks - and a lot of things need to be configured. Hope I can figure this out - cause what a pain.

Thanks

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• 2 weeks later...

I get a slight overlap with the taskbar, so you need to offset it by about 2px

This is something I have tried to fix for a long time and given up on. On my 3 machines (a desktop and 2 laptops all running Vista but with different display resolutions) I could not find one solution to the Toast position coordinates which gives absolute satisfaction on all 3 - there was always one of them where the Toast was slightly high or low. So in the end I have gone with the coordinates that work best on my desktop. If you can solve it, please let me know. :huggles:

M23

I was thinking that maybe we could check the resolution of the usable monitor, and adjust the coords to that res, of course it would have to be small quantity of resolutions, the ones more commonly used, but i guess it could be done.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

careca,

Do you still have this problem? I completely rewrote the location code (with lots of help from guinness) and I thought we had it spot on. :huh:

M23

Spoiler

I and many others have used the 'find the working area' code for well over a year now and I haven't received a single complaint so far.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

careca,

Do you still have this problem? I completely rewrote the location code (with lots of help from guinness) and I thought we had it spot on. :huh:

M23

Im sorry, i haven't read all posts, and didn't notice the problem was already addressed.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• 3 weeks later...

Raise this thread from the dead! Mwahahahaha!

Hello Melba23,

As usual, this is a great idea and what I've been looking for! Thank you!

There are a few threads that you have that share some of the components of Toast before you created this official UDF.

I want to combine what you posted on another thread with having a clickable toast gui with the example code you provided here.

I'm sure this should be straight forward. However, I was wondering if I could make clickable hyperlinks within the Toast Gui too?

(I am surprised that this UDF didn't get quickly adopted by the community. It is so flexible and in a lot of cases, better than a message box).

TIA and keep up the great work!

• Moderators

coffeeturtle,

I was wondering if I could make clickable hyperlinks within the Toast Gui too?

I do not see why not - the Toast is a simple GUI, so if you have code to create a hyperlink you should be able to use it within the Toast just as you can a button: ;)

#include "Toast.au3"

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "On_Exit")

Global  $sMsg, $hProgress, $aRet[2]
Global $fClicked = False

_Show_Toast()

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Show_Toast()

$sMsg  = " " & @CRLF & " " & @CRLF & " " & @CRLF & " " & @CRLF & " " & @CRLF & " " & @CRLF

_Toast_Set(Default)
    ; Show the Toast
    $aRet = _Toast_Show(0, "Button", $sMsg, 0) ; No delay
    ; Show the button
    $hButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 10, 50, 80, 30)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_Clicked")
    ; Start a timer
    $iBegin = TimerInit()
    ; Now wait for a preset time or until a button is pressed
    Do
        Sleep(10)
    Until TimerDiff($iBegin) > 20000 Or $fClicked = True
    ; Reset the flag
    $fClicked = False
    _Toast_Hide()

Exit

EndFunc

Func _Clicked()
    ; Do what you want
    MsgBox(0, "Clicked", "Button was clicked")
    ; Set the flag
    $fClicked = True
EndFunc

Func On_Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Any use? :)

M23

Spoiler

As Melba23 said it's a GUI, so you could also look at using a SysLinks UDF which are floating around the Forum.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

As Melba23 said it's a GUI, so you could also look at using a SysLinks UDF which are floating around the Forum.

coffeeturtle,

I do not see why not - the Toast is a simple GUI, so if you have code to create a hyperlink you should be able to use it within the Toast just as you can a button: ;)

Any use? :)

M23

Hi Melba,

I can definitely use this bit of code! I can work it in to open up a customized "message box" designed with the UDF: GUICtrlHyperLink.au3 (as guinness pointed out this sort of code can help to make direct links).

I was trying to incorporate the code based on the GUICtrlHyperLink.au3 UDF directly into your Toast.au3 code, but I couldn't figure how to get them to play nicely. So this alternative way with your example above will be much easier.

Thank you so much! I'll post back here with hopefully something useable.

It's very simple, but if you're new AutoIt GUIs, then it's best to stick with Melba's example.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

It's very simple, but if you're new AutoIt GUIs, then it's best to stick with Melba's example.

Thanks guinness. It seems that since someone had to create a GUICtrlHyperLink UDF, it suggests some level of complexity in achieving hyperlinked text in a message box/gui.

I am VERY opened to suggestions if you have some time. :ILA2:

• Moderators

coffeeturtle,

To use the GUICtrlHyperLink UDF you will need to modify the Toast UDF slightly. Open it in SciTE and change lines #421-4 to read:

; Create array to return Toast dimensions and handle
Local $aToast_Data[4] = [$iToast_Width, $iToast_Height, $iLine_Height, $hToast_Handle]

Return $aToast_Data

Now the UDF returns the handle of the []Toast and so we can use the GUICtrlHyperLink UDF like this:

#include "Toast_Mod.au3"
#include "GUICtrlHyperLink.au3"

Global $cHyperLink

_Show_Toast()

Func _Show_Toast()

$sMsg = " " & @CRLF

_Toast_Set(Default)
    ; Show the Toast
    Local $aRet = _Toast_Show(0, "Hyperlink", $sMsg, 0) ; No delay
    Local $hToast = $aRet[3]
    ; Add the hyperlink
    $cHyperLink = _GUICtrlHyperLink_Create("AutoIt Official Website", 10, 30, 150, 15, 0x0000FF, 0x551A8B, _
    -1, 'www.autoitscript.com', 'Visit: www.autoitscript.com', $hToast)
    ; Start a timer
    Local $iBegin = TimerInit()
    ; Now wait for a preset time or until hyperlink is clicked
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $cHyperLink
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch

If TimerDiff($iBegin) > 20000 Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    WEnd

_GUICtrlHyperLink_Delete($cHyperLink)
    _Toast_Hide()
    Exit

EndFunc

That works perfectly for me - how about you? :)

M23

Spoiler