I need help on DLL syntax

Here is the DLLs I want to call.

ExitProcess

And

GetExitCodeProcess

I am a newbie when it comes to DLLs. What I want to do is use the DLL function GetExitCodeProcess in "kernel32" to get the Exit Code of a program. Let's say Notepad.Exe just for exsample. Then I want to use that ExitCode in the DLL function ExitProcess to close the the program. I know that autoIt already has functions to close processes, but I want to try this and learn how to use the correct syntax in DLL Call.

The URL's I gave have information on the DLL I want to use.

GetExitCodeProcess wants a pointer to a long. Which I know how to do using DllStruct functions, but currently the only version of AutoIt that supports that is on my computer. There might be another way, but I dont know it off hand.

Start -> Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> AutoIt Help File -> Index -> (The Function you are asking about)----- Links -----DllStruct UDFsRSA Crypto UDFs

GetExitCodeProcess wants a pointer to a long.  Which I know how to do using DllStruct functions, but currently the only version of AutoIt that supports that is on my computer.  There might be another way, but I dont know it off hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sure would be useful to be able to use DLL call on all DLLs. If so then a lot of doors will be open, like direct X for graphics.