Assistance with RegWrite to existing key Value

Morning

Just inquiring if it is at all possible to write value to an existing Registry Key? I have been reading multiple forums and Autoit Threads on this specific Registry key, but have not been successful in finding a resolve as of yet.

The key in question is a system key so it cannot be deleted but it can be modified

Path = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current

Key = (Default)

value = C:\Windows\media\Windows Navigation Start.wav

segment of my script

RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current", "(Default)")

sleep(2000)
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current",'(Default)', 'REG_SZ', "C:\Windows\media\Windows Navigation Start.wav")

Now with RegDelete even with full admin privileges I am unable to delete existing key, is there away to delete value?

And with RegWrite it just creates a new registry key with the set value but windows will not "handle" the new registry entry.

I have Tried the process manually , it works if i just remove the value from the existing key and then re add it but the key its self can not be deleted.

Thanks is advance

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Hi MvGulik

Zero (0) errors are reported.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Thanubis

Your method worked by leaving the name of the key blank

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current",'', 'REG_EXPAND_SZ', "Test")

But i needed to change it to REG_SZ.

it works both with Delete and Write.

Thanks again and have a great week.