Checking for Hourglass with Mozilla Firefox

I have a couple of scripts that automate some tasks using Firefox. The steps involve clicking on update on certain pages. After clicking on update, the browser has to wait for the page to update and reload (which depending on network load can take from 4-60 seconds, usually less then 30).

I have the script setup with about a 30 second timeout currently, which obviously does not work all of the time and when it does work can cause unnecessary delays.

Is there an easy way to see if the window is finished processing? Opening new windows I know I can wait until the Window exists and is active, but in this case the window is remaining the same, just being updated.

Possibly is there a variable to see if the hourglass is active?

Let me know any ideas... if I have to I will code it to look for Done in the lower left hand corner... though I think there must be a better way.

Also on that topic, have there been any attempts to integrate OCR into AutoIT (so you can search for text anywhere on the screen and get its position)?

I have a couple of scripts that automate some tasks using Firefox.  The steps involve clicking on update on certain pages.  After clicking on update, the browser has to wait for the page to update and reload (which depending on network load can take from 4-60 seconds, usually less then 30).

I have the script setup with about a 30 second timeout currently, which obviously does not work all of the time and when it does work can cause unnecessary delays.

Is there an easy way to see if the window is finished processing?  Opening new windows I know I can wait until the Window exists and is active, but in this case the window is remaining the same, just being updated.

Possibly is there a variable to see if the hourglass is active? 

Let me know any ideas... if I have to I will code it to look for Done in the lower left hand corner... though I think there must be a better way.

Also on that topic, have there been any attempts to integrate OCR into AutoIT (so you can search for text anywhere on the screen and get its position)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try looking at MouseGetCursor if it's processing it would return 15.

Kerby

Thanks so much (especially for the quick reply), it works and the script runs so much faster without those unnecessary waits. Firefox puts mousegetcursor at 1 for some reason instead of 15 when it has an hourglass (for my application at least) but again it works great.