send a mouse click

user101

is it possible to have autoit send a click at a x y position by code? instead of by using the mouse cursor to manually click the location? basically I want to free my mouse from my auto clicker script so that I can use it for other purposes while I autoit still runs itself on my program

Edited by user101

• Moderators

user101,

From my limited knowledge of the U.S. education system, Course 101 is the basic course in any subject. You should take the advice given by your handle and look at the tutorials that you will find here and here.

The Help file is also a mine of useful information. If you had looked in there, you would almost certainly have found this command, which seems do exactly what you want. :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

no no let me try to rephrase my words, I already know about mouseclick, but you see when you run that it utilizes the mouse cursor to make it move to that location and then click, what I want is something that won't manipulate the mouse cursor and will just send a click internally to the OS that a click has occurred at this location without the mouse cursor having to go to that location :D I hope you can understand what I am really trying to say

I was trying to do this some time back, but came up blank.

ControlClick does indeed work, if it is a control you are wanting to click, and if you can retrieve

the ID of it, but I gave up in the end.

I was dreaming of creating some sort of virtual control, to draw around the region, but after

searching around for a week or so I realized it was way way beyond me.

Hope you have more luck than I.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.