Disable/Enable hardware device without sending keystrokes

Hi, folks!

Is it possible to disable/enable hardware devices in device manager without sending keystrokes, specifically in Windows 7 x64?

I'm asking this because I'm a happy owner of two "Creative Audigy 2 ZS" sound cards, one for my surround speakers, and other for my stereo headphone, so I can easily switch from one to other without any hassles.

In Windows XP this works flawlessly, but in Windows 7 x64, for some (already) unknown reason, if I keep both devices enabled during system boot, I get a blue screen. I have tried many drivers, with same result, so my workaround (till now) was disable one of the cards everytime I swap through them.

I developed a little AutoIt script to do that, but sending keystrokes, and it's not working very well, cause it seems that depending on the system load, the timing is not very accurate, so the script sometimes work, sometimes not.

If one of you experts know some other way to do that, please clarify me, I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,

Reginald0

There's something called google you know :D

DevCon x64 (first result look good, or maybe the second)

AdmiralAlkex, I'm really embarrassed, very ashamed... Don't know how to explain such a stupid kind of misstep, but let me try... I was using the parameter "allintitle:" on Google to narrow the search, so when I searched "allintitle: devcon x64", in fact I was just searching the threads with the words "devcon" and "x64" in the title, and with the first occurrence pointing to Microsoft site, stating that there's no devcon x64 available, I instantly gave up the search.

Lesson learned, I promise I'll never ask something so obvious before searching tirelessly for a solution.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction and to open my eyes, my problem is now solved!

Respectfully,

Reginald0

AdmiralAlkex, I'm really embarrassed, very ashamed... Don't know how to explain such a stupid kind of misstep, but let me try... I was using the parameter "allintitle:" on Google to narrow the search, so when I searched "allintitle: devcon x64", in fact I was just searching the threads with the words "devcon" and "x64" in the title, and with the first occurrence pointing to Microsoft site, stating that there's no devcon x64 available, I instantly gave up the search.

Lesson learned, I promise I'll never ask something so obvious before searching tirelessly for a solution.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction and to open my eyes, my problem is now solved!

Respectfully,

Reginald0

No worries mate, we're here to help each other after all :D

But if I may ask,, why do you have 2 sound cards, are the speakers and headphone using the same jack?

No worries mate, we're here to help each other after all :D

But if I may ask,, why do you have 2 sound cards, are the speakers and headphone using the same jack?

The main purpose is to keep all the controls (volume, equalization, balance, etc.) absolutely independent, since they're two identical sound cards, but different output devices, one with 5.1 surround and other with 2.0 stereo sound.