Macro Recorder script Not running correctly

Recorder seems to record lots of stuff but when I run it, it pauses in the tray and fails to execute. Should I use some other macro recorder? I am just trying to do simple things like open firefox, open ms word, copy web page, email copy of web page, open tmobile sms page, sms a web page. I am using just keyboard keys controls so I don't have the errors that using the mouse may generate. Are there any others magro recorders than these?:

AutoitMacroGenerator

Au3Recorder

MacroGenerator

AU3Record.exe

Scriptwriter.exe?

Are there any other resources specific to the scriptwriter or other macro record function other than these?:

tutorials at 403forbidden403

help file

wiki

main FAQ’s

main tutorials

online documentation

AutoIt-1-2-3

AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide by Andy Flesner(Table of contents does not specify anything related to the recording function of autoit and it seems to only have 55 pages. Are you on this forum Andy?

I have screened through all these resources but haven't seen much specifically related to the recorder.

I am not going to give up as I really want to learn how to fully control my PC the way I want to control it.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

What is the macro for? I am currently working on a macro maker for installing programs and i might be able to help you if your needs are similar

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Post the code here, so we can try?

Here is one that I programed with help from the forum:

run('C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe')

Run(@SystemDir & '\onenote.exe "' & @DesktopDir & '\2todo.one"')

ShellExecute(@DesktopDir & '\2todo.one')

Here is what I got when I tried to run the recorder to do the same thing but the recorder never worked right. I want to know why so I know what I did wrong and I can use the recorder correctly next time.

Here is what the recorder recorded:

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

WinWait("Fujitsu Menu","Fujitsu Tablet Contr")

If Not WinActive("Fujitsu Menu","Fujitsu Tablet Contr") Then WinActivate("Fujitsu Menu","Fujitsu Tablet Contr")

WinWaitActive("Fujitsu Menu","Fujitsu Tablet Contr")

Send("{ESC}{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

WinWait("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Running Applications")

If Not WinActive("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Running Applications") Then WinActivate("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Running Applications")

WinWaitActive("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Running Applications")

Send("{ESC}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}")

WinWait("Program Manager","FolderView")

If Not WinActive("Program Manager","FolderView") Then WinActivate("Program Manager","FolderView")

WinWaitActive("Program Manager","FolderView")

Send("2{ENTER}")

WinWait("Todo Main - Microsoft Office OneNote","Writing Tools")

If Not WinActive("Todo Main - Microsoft Office OneNote","Writing Tools") Then WinActivate("Todo Main - Microsoft Office OneNote","Writing Tools")

WinWaitActive("Todo Main - Microsoft Office OneNote","Writing Tools")

Send("{CTRLDOWN}d{CTRLUP}d{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

WinWait("classname=WorkerW","FolderView")

If Not WinActive("classname=WorkerW","FolderView") Then WinActivate("classname=WorkerW","FolderView")

WinWaitActive("classname=WorkerW","FolderView")

Send("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

If Not WinActive("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Running Applications") Then WinActivate("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Running Applications")

Send("{ESC}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}")

WinWait("classname=WorkerW","FolderView")

If Not WinActive("classname=WorkerW","FolderView") Then WinActivate("classname=WorkerW","FolderView")

WinWaitActive("classname=WorkerW","FolderView")

Send("dr{ENTER}")

WinWait("resume2009 - Microsoft Word","MSO Generic Control ")

If Not WinActive("resume2009 - Microsoft Word","MSO Generic Control ") Then WinActivate("resume2009 - Microsoft Word","MSO Generic Control ")

WinWaitActive("resume2009 - Microsoft Word","MSO Generic Control ")

Send("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

Send("{ESC}")

I did this in scriptwriter.exe . I selected the "Shrink Window During Record" option and the "Record Window Text" option, the others option was unselected and nothing was entered into the "Run(" window.

I thought if I just avoid using the mouse I could easily make script after script. I also note that I need to have some function or step where I set the focus to a state that doesn't change or at least starts the instructions at the same starting point everytime I start moving through different programs. So I try and do that by repeatedly going back to the windows key as my starting point, then using the keyboard shortcut keys to get to my application or to manipulate the applications functions.

The purpose of the macros are simply to use scripting to automate things I frequently do on my pc. I would like to copy my outlook calendar and send it as an image or text file to my touch pro II t mobile phone. All sorts of stuff like that. Thanks for your help.

Edited by meatsack