Application to detect activity

Firstly, this is not a keylogger request, read carefully please.

Secondly, if it can't be done in any way except with a keylogger I'm not interested in doing it.

I work on various projects and have my own little ajax-driven web app on wich i can start/stop a timer when i start working and when i'm done, so i can count how much time i spent on doing something.

What i thought about integrating (it's similar to the odesk software) is an autoit script that gets

* the current window name [done]

* mouse position for detecting movement (don't care about the clicking part) [done]

* the number of keys pressed while the window was active (i don't care what keys are pressed)

* (haven't decided on this yet but maybe also) a screenshot of the active app [easily done]

Is there any way to check if a key is pressed (or, speaking in general, if someone is using the keyboard) in autoit?

I'm trying to do this using windows api's or dll's and without installing a keylogger and checking the log or stuff like that (i can do it that way but i don't want to).

Thank you kindly for any advice

Edited by madScientist

Hi,

maybe this helps you.

Global $str = ''
For $i = 0 To 255
    HotKeySet(Chr($i), "_log")
Next
While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd
Func _log()
    HotKeySet(@HotKeyPressed)
    Send(@HotKeyPressed)
    HotKeySet(@HotKeyPressed, "_log")
    FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\log.txt', @HotKeyPressed)
EndFunc ;==>_log
Edited by Xenobiologist

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times