XM Player

trancexx

It's what the title says, module file player. To be more specific those with .xm extension (Fast Tracker).

You don't need any external file for the player, it's capable of doing everything on its own. Special technique of dll subrogation is used to load embedded dll. Go thru code to see what I mean if you are inerested. It's kinda advanced. Very similar to "running dll from memory". It's also experimental so there could be bugs.

I included some xm files in the archive. I find one of those the best XM ever written. I won't tell which though.

XM Player.zip

Btw, available functions for embedded dll are:

• LoadFromFile
  • LoadFromResource (this one is cool)
  • Play
  • Stop
  • GetTime
  • GetOrder
  • GetRow
  • Free

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Moderators

trancexx,

That is an amazing script. I am constantly astounded at what "serious" coders can do with AutoIt. I can follow what you are doing just well enough to realise how clever it is. :D

A question, if I may? Is there a restriction on the DLL you can embed? I ask because I have been playing about over the past few days here working out how to read menus added to external applications with the _GUICtrlMenu UDF. As you can see, it requires the use of an external DLL to link the messages from the external app into the AutoIt script. I played about with the "embedded" part of your script using a binary image of the Hook DLL referred to in that topic, but I got Error 3 - it seems I am not "magic" like you or Mark Zbikowski! Could you offer any pointers as to where I might be going wrong - in language I might begin to understand, please! It would be much neater to be able to read these external menus without recall to a separate DLL.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

M23

P.S. Speaking of "hidden" initials, another example is the original PKArc and PKZip compression software - named after its creator, the late Phil Katz. Although most here are probably too yooung to remember it!

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Impressive code demonstration again (applause)!

I tried similar idea but failed Posted Image

UEZ

PS: nice tunes in the archive!

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

trancexx,

That is an amazing script. I am constantly astounded at what "serious" coders can do with AutoIt. I can follow what you are doing just well enough to realise how clever it is. :D

A question, if I may? Is there a restriction on the DLL you can embed? I ask because I have been playing about over the past few days here working out how to read menus added to external applications with the _GUICtrlMenu UDF. As you can see, it requires the use of an external DLL to link the messages from the external app into the AutoIt script. I played about with the "embedded" part of your script using a binary image of the Hook DLL referred to in that topic, but I got Error 3 - it seems I am not "magic" like you or Mark Zbikowski! Could you offer any pointers as to where I might be going wrong - in language I might begin to understand, please! It would be much neater to be able to read these external menus without recall to a separate DLL.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

M23

P.S. Speaking of "hidden" initials, another example is the original PKArc and PKZip compression software - named after its creator, the late Phil Katz. Although most here are probably too yooung to remember it!

There could be problems with compressed dlls (I didn't test but UEZ obviously did).

I guess I could write the function to be more wide, universal maybe, so it could be tested properly. I see no bigger problems for that.

@UEZ, thanks. I guessed you would like the script since includes at least three things you... generally like.

The problem with that dll is compressor used on it.

Anyways, nice that you liked the choice of music too.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

My 1st computer was a C64 and I loved it with all the chip tunes...

UEZ

PS: 5*+1

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Aaah, goona keep that code around. Never know when you want to load dll like that.

A bit dissapointed that I didn't found another xm in the resource section though :D

Also,

213 KB with so much music is pretty amazing.

I even found it nice to listen to. Something I rarely do with this kind of stuff.

Do I really need to say 5 stars?

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Here a full memory read example (dll and chip tune completely read from the memory)

Download: click me (source code + compiled exe) or source code only (not running as x64 only x32!)

Sorry, source code is too long to post and my attachment buffer is nearly full!

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

There could be problems with compressed dlls (I didn't test but UEZ obviously did).

I guess I could write the function to be more wide, universal maybe, so it could be tested properly. I see no bigger problems for that.

@UEZ, thanks. I guessed you would like the script since includes at least three things you... generally like.

The problem with that dll is compressor used on it.

Yes you're right! It is compressed with PEtite and I didn't found a way to unpack it. All unpackers can be found in the underground :huggles:. I tested some but it is not working :. Maybe someone knows a way...

So, you finally found suitable dll for MemoryDll. Cool!

Yes, with FMOD.Dll it is possible to play chip sound from memory. After reading the help file I added the LoadSongEx() function which can play sound from memory using a modified FMOD.au3 (incl. MemoryDll.au3)!

Maybe I can use Subrogation to load from memory :D

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

• 4 years later...

trancexx, I realize this is a very old topic, but do you think you could update or make a new version of this using the much smaller ufmod dll?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufmod/

I am sorry, to ask, since if I could convert it, I would. However, I lack the skills to understand how to do this.

EDIT: To be more complete with what I am asking, I am trying to play an XM from memory. I believe ufmod can do this. Here's the XM file I want to play from memory:

Wave_-_1999.7z

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

Thanks, wakillon. Unfortunately, I just realized that there is no support for 64-bit code in ufmod, which is what I wanted to use. I am making a 64-bit app to interact with 64-bit explorer dialogs. Unfortunately, that means that even UEZ's nicely formatted code won't work for me. I would have to load the 64-bit bass dll, which is much larger, at 219kb. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks again.

Who else would I be?

@this-is-me: try this: Play XM Song from memory using Bass_x64.DLL.zip (song length ~ 7 minutes). 

Br,
UEZ