Any ways to make Send keys execute faster?

Are there any ways to make Send keys execute faster? So after 2 weeks of tinkering with Autoit I have determine there are at least 3 ways to send keystrokes to applications.

1. Send

2. Controlsend

3. create a simulated USB HUB and Keyboard http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106963&st=0&p=765774&hl=send%20keyboard&fromsearch=1&#entry765774 How do I do this is there sample code?

4. other?

bad: so slow , still subject to error when a semideaf.com window pops up and takes over focus, won't work when a game such as half-life has focus? When I lower Sleep time to only 15 it hangs(don't know why)

good: works, don't have to worry about which window has focus

[autoit ] Opt("WinWaitDelay",1000)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

Send("{LWINDOWN}d{LWINUP}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{ESC}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("2")

Sleep(500)

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{LWINDOWN}d{LWINUP}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{ESC}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(500)

Send("e")

Sleep(500)

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(500) [/autoit ]

This site was helpful http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?t=160857

Edited by meatsack

To make your script as fast as possible I would change the code to send a key and then wait for the action to complete (that means replace the sleep with a command that waits for completion of the action).

Lets say one of the keys you send opens a new window. So after the window I would do a winwait. Then you could send a winactivate to make sure the window is active and no other application has taken over focus.

That's very general but the actions you have to take depend on the application you want to automate.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki