hotkey usage

I am working on a script to show splashtext while a mouse bot is at work doing a series of movements and clicks to try and figure out a bug.

I got the splashtext to show just fine, its just adding in a hotkey to exit out of the application.

I was going to use the splashtext as a way to notify some users that this mouse bot is running and that if they need to use it to call me.

I can't seem to figure out the hotkey to exit the program......any ideas/suggestions.

SplashTextOn("DekoCast Test Bot", "If you need to use the DekoCast, call Shane.", 200, 100, -1, -1, 4, "", 16)

HotKeySet("{ALT}{CTRL}x", "pgrmend")
Func pgrmend()
exit
EndFunc

While 1
sleep (1)
wend

>>CODE FOR MOUSE MOVE AND CLICK<<

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]

Forgot something else in the code. The mouse move and click code is a loop. In my test script it is....

While 2

>>code for mouse<<

WEnd

Can you have two loops running within a script?

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]

Well, first thing I saw was that there is no such thing as {CTRL}. You have to specify wether you want left or right ctrl key with {LCTRL} or {RCTRL}. :(

But, funny thing is, that even when I fixed this, it still didn't work for me. :)

I noticed that there is {ATL} but you can also specify a left and right too. So I tried that, still a no go. :P

The only thing that works is the substitute characters you can use for CTRL and ALT - ^! :(

Once I made this change, it worked. HotKeySet("^!x", "pgrmend")

Might be a bug that you've discovered. Maybe someone else has a better idea. But, if you use the sub keys it should work. :

jason7237

I guess I didn't understand the use of the ALT and CTRL keys, brain was a little fried. I guess what I was thinking is if it didn't have a L or R assigned to it that it wouldn't matter which one was used....my bad.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll give that a try.

Also, after thinking about it for a while, I don't think that I need two loops running to keep the app running. One of the loops was just to keep the splashtext up, but if I have the mouse control loop running, that should keep it running until told to quit.

I'll give that a try and post back what happens.

Much Thanks :(