'My friend gets: 'not a valid win32 application'

Ok, so I made my little program and once my friend opens it on his computer "not a valid win32 application" appears. The icon image is a blank ico. for him as well...weird, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Edit: I think I know why. When converting from au3 to exe I only have two options, x64 or console...instead of ANSI and UNIcode.

Edited by dgarrett8

"I think, therefore I am"[size="1"]René Descartes[/size]

Ok, so I made my little program and once my friend opens it on his computer "not a valid win32 application" appears. The icon image is a blank ico. for him as well...weird, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Edit: I think I know why. When converting from au3 to exe I only have two options, x64 or console...instead of ANSI and UNIcode.

There is no need to choose between ANSI and Unicode since ANSI-support has been romved. If your friend has Win95 you have to use an older AutoIt-Version.

Also you should untick the x64-checkbox since this would result in an x64-exe wich doesn't work on 32-bit/x86.

Edit: Also, do not activate "Console" since this results in a DOS-window wich you can write to with ConsoleWrite. So make sure none of these two checkboxes is ticked.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Yep.. As everyone said it's the x64 option that gives that error. It will only work on 64-bit OSes if that option is ticked =)

Edited by sniper120