Need A Little Help

Nova

Autoit is a dam cool program but Im having a few problems with some of my scripts.

....................................................................................................

First Problem

....................................................................................................

I have made a Password program....its simply a msgbox which comes up and says plz enter ur password to continue.If u get the pass right it closes and if u dont it says try again.

I want this password program to start when I try open a folder called pics on my desktop but I cant figure it out......

Also I dont want ppl being able to open the folder unless the password is right.

Can anyone help me with this one.

Second Problem

I have the script command

BlockInput, on

This disables my mouse and most keyboard commands but as soon as I press

ctr +alt+del My program crashes and I get errors and mistakes and other windows open.

How do I turn off ctr +Alt+del so as nobody can stop my script from working untill ist done

Third Problem

I want to be able to disable my monitor like I do my keyboard and mouse.

I need it to turn of for 10 seconds and then back on after my script has run appearing as nothing has happened.I have used SplashTextOn command which is set to cover my screen for 10 seconds but this will on cover other pc,s screens which are set on the same resulation......

So if there isnt a way of turning of the monitor is there a way of finding out what the res of a screen is using a script command ?and then setting the SplashTextOn to set to those same quanitys say if there 1600x1200.

Last Problem

...................How do I use the SplashImageOn command I have a pic file I want to use but I cant find the layout for SplashImageOn to use it in the help file.....

For instance SplashTextOn works as

SplashTextOn, 300, 100, Testing, Anyone help me plz.

I would apreciate any help on any of these 4 problems :whistle:

1) Password protecting a folder is a little more complicated task than what AutoIt can do. There are programs which can protect folders, though I don't know of any at the moment.

2) There is no way to disable the Ctrl+Alt+Del command. Microsoft thing.

3) AutoIt v3 - @DekstopWidth and @DesktopHeight macros.

AutoIt v2 - Get the size of the window called "Program Manager" (I think thats the right name)

4) It should be in the help file...

Thanks for your reply man dam that was quick 2 mins flat :whistle:

Pity about the password protect.

I have it set so that when the promt for enter password comes up....

If u type in fcukyou as a password it replys fcuk you to asshole and then loggs u off.

I have aload of trigger command like that which reply with funny comments. B)

SplashImageOn("Splash Screen", "1.bmp",800,600,-1,-1,1)
Sleep(30000)
SplashOff()

1st the 1.bmp size is 800 x 600 in true size.

2nd the script has to see the bmp, gif, or jpg. in order to use is.

3rd the sleep makes it sit on the screen for 30 second as i set it.

4th you can over size the pick by something really hugh like 4000 X 3000 i believe

5th you have to tell the script the size that you want it on the screen. read the help file for a litte more info.

hey valik they could go through the registry to tell windows to use the autoit script first. you have to enter the password correctly, if it is not correct it won't execute the proper program for that person. which the .exe extension has been changed to something else and will be changed back and ran as soon as the proper password has been given. :whistle:

Do u work for hiddensoft or something :whistle: ?

You can delete ur post after I print it out.......

Im not going to report you after helping me for something I didnt know was illegal.

Anyway I wouldnt know where to start to report something like that and most ppl wouldnt care anyway unless Bill Gates comes along and reads this Thread.

Plz help me out man..........I dont understand what u could be scared of unless ur joking and I didnt get it. B)

:whistle: i was joking with ya, was all. give me awhile to try to explain this with out totally confusing you ok. but the simpliest way is to do this. you need two executables make by autoit.

a.exe
b.exe

well you need to get the name of the executable that is used to run the pictures ok. then i will continue then... being serious now. cause with out it i cannot explain further.

:iamstupid: you can have a script running in the background hidden that if it detects the window with the program that you want to be password protected. it will close the program if the password ain't correct, will allow it to continue if it is correct. lol simple.

I don't see how that will help, so you stop one program from opening the pictures... it would be far simpler and safer to just find a program that can hide and/or password protect a folder from Windows/DOS access...

As far as the password thing, I wrote up an AutoIt script just like it for my friend.

If you use a WinNT based system, and the user is not the admin, you can password protect the directory to a user.

Next, place files in that directory and see if you can access them while not logged on as that person.

Once you know that you can't access them unless you are the admin, or the user you made up for this, simply use AutoIt's built in RunAsSet() function.

Basically my program asked "What is your name?"

If you typed in the wrong password, like Bob, it gave the msgbox Nice to meet you Bob.

If you typed in the correct one, it used runasset to open up the folder with explorer.

Save it as Helloworld :whistle:

This works with WinNT,WinXP,Win200, etc.

You can hide the folder in question anywhere on yourhard drive.

If this helps, I can always give details on how to set it up.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Thanks to all who replyed to thsi cry for help

First off I can get a program that password protects a folder but I want to make my own one using auto it v3 because of the extra touches I can add and plus its good fun and challanging.

Script Kitty ur idea sounds perfect I am using windows xp professional can u explain the full script for me ?

Beerman ur Idea editing the reg also sounds perfect......

So if either of u guys can help or anyone else out there Id be very greatfull.

Cheers

Well after you create the proper access rights, and make a directory in the C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA directory called system, this will open it up only if they type in Bob. You can customize however you like.

Oh and windows has one other problem:

You can set file and folder permissions only on drives formatted to use NTFS.

$passwd = InputBox("What is your name?", "Joe?", "", "*")

If $passwd=="Bob" Then
RunAsSet()
; Set the RunAs parameters to use local adminstrator account
RunAsSet("Bob", @Computername, "bobpass")

; Run registry editor as admin
RunWait("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" & " C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\system\")
; system was created in the media folder, but you get the idea
; Reset user's permissions
RunAsSet()
Else
    MsgBox(1,"Hello "&$passwd,"How are you today "&$passwd& "?")
EndIf

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Beerman first tnx for ur help ,but I have tryed to get the SplashImage command to work as u have posted it

and I cant get it to work .

This is the text I compiled and run

SplashImageOn, Splash Screen, 1.bmp,800,600,-1,-1,1

Sleep,30000

SplashOff

I have the pic saved on my desktop (filename= 1) and its a 24-bmp size 800x600

When I run the program I get this error

Line 2:SplashImageOn, Splash Screen, 1.bmp,800,600,-1,-1,1

Error:Unknown command

What have I done wrong

By the way next time ur writing out a script will u

type it out as I would need to type it for the compiler without brackets and Ex marks

Quote ("Splash Screen") Lol im a total newbie to Autoit and that confussed the hell out of me

I have found SplashText in the helpfile but cant find any referance to splashImage.