Config Network Card with �local system� rights

KKW

Hello

I want to configure settings in a Windows Server 2003 network environment. (Windows XP works equal)

- Set File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

- Set Client for Microsoft Networks

- Set Network monitor driver

I use AutoIt to send keystrokes to the interface (Network Card Properties Window General Tab) to configure the settings.

Because some controls can only toggle their values, I discover the current settings from the Registry, to be sure what status is currently active before toggling the value.

My script works fine if it runs in a administrative user account, logged on to the server.

Running the script as service (interacting with the desktop) doesnt work.

I analyse following issues:

- It is not possible to open network settings (ncpa.cpl) directly. You have to start a explorer.exe first. After that, following calls to open Network Connections Window work:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & '%systemroot%\system32\control.exe ncpa.cpl', "", @SW_HIDE)

or

$NetworkConnections= "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{7007acc7-3202-11d1-aad2-00805fc1270e}"

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $NetworkConnections, "",@SW_HIDE)

- If Network Connections Window is open, I take the ControlListView function to choose the desired network card and I send "!{Enter}" for opening its properties window. This works.

- The Network Card Properties Window General Tab appears, but ControlListView calls to SysListView321 in this window dont work. I tested direct function keys to set a value in that window; this doesnt work either. Using WinGetText function, I discovered that the window has no network card in the General Tab. This is likely the reason why the related window information like connection uses following items is not available/accessible.

So the question is, how to get a proper access to that window while running the script as local system (interacting with the desktop)?

Any hints welcome.