language in autoit popup

hutch

when i use autoit to make a input box for example the cancel key is named "cancel"

but my scripts are in French

and in French "cancel" is said "annuler"

why autoit did not detect the language version of windows to adapt button and text like vbscript

Posted Image

why don't modifie autoit in a future version

to add that (if it is no possible to recover the cancel name in windows like vbscript)

InputBox ( "title", "Prompt" [, "Default" [, "password char" [, Width, Height [, Left, Top [, TimeOut[, cancelname]]]]]])

and make the same wiht msgbox

CANCEL 2

ABORT 3

RETRY 4

IGNORE 5

YES 6

NO 7

TRY AGAIN ** 10

CONTINUE **

You can do what CyberSlug suggest but you have a better solution with the ControlSend which allow you to reference the control cancel button directly.

I think this controlID is not language specific as "button5". See AutoIT info display to have the right controlid

why don't modifie autoit in a future version

to add that (if it is no possible to recover the cancel name in windows like vbscript)

InputBox ( "title", "Prompt" [, "Default" [, "password char" [, Width, Height [, Left, Top [, TimeOut[, cancelname]]]]]])

and make the same wiht msgbox

CANCEL 2

ABORT 3

RETRY 4

IGNORE 5

YES 6

NO 7

TRY AGAIN ** 10

CONTINUE **

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really understand the proposal inputbox and msgbox are synchroneous function, the script is waiting a human interaction so no other Autoit statement can take place.

When the user click a button the control come back to the next statement and your script do whatever it is adequate.

the return is different for input and msgbox just because input need to return the input value so the type of action have to be return in @error.

Thanks to clarify with an example what you really mean :(

i just want that autoit support multi language (for exemple : like vbscript by searching the language of windows)

exemple : for inputbox

english versions cancel is said "cancel"

in french cancel is said "annuler"

exemple : for msgbox

CANCEL = annuler

ABORT = abandonner

RETRY = Réessayer

IGNORE = ignorer

YES = oui

NO = non

TRY AGAIN = essayer encore

CONTINUE = continuer

if autoit maker want to know other term in French I can tell us.

I've put this question in v3 Idea Lab

if you don't know what I mean (this is a paint modification)

I have that

Posted Image

and I want that

Posted Image

Edited by hutch

Oh I see, You are saying that the autoit input function is always displaying the button in english.

There is no localized version as vbscript can do to be in accordance with window.

But you can hack the AutoItSC.bin to replace the source.

I don't know how to do it with which tool (perhaps reshacker) but I am sure it will work.

We don't plan for the time being to deliver localized version. JON can confirm when he will be available. :(

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I coded a solution for you.

It uses that the button names in the msgbox are right cause this seems to be just an Windows API call internaly. So I wshow a mesgbox, read out the button's texts and set the inputboxes button's text to this value.

This solution shuold make your program run e.g. in German too without a change...

I hope it works with you too.

Idea how to get the strings directly:

I found them in the file %windir%\system32\user32.dll. Examined with FileAlyser and found the strings in the section "51".

Perhaps you could read it out using one of the hex UDFs and getting the position of this group of strings. I don't know if this position is diffenrent on different language systems of Windows.

peethebee

InputBoxLang_1.0.zip

Edited by peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

• 3 years later...

Sorry to ré-activate this topic, but JON doesn't answer to jpm.

Is there a way / time to have a localised version of InputBox in a next release of AutoIt ?

I have read all messages and I know that we can do by other way, but it will be more easier to have it included in AutoIt like MsgBox do.

Best Regards.Thierry