Column width with GUICtrlCreateListView ?

Akton

You have to use the GuiListView UDF functions in order to do anything with a listview. Specifically, I believe _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth() is what you are looking for.

Well I think that if you look at the function it just sends a message which you can do without loading the whole udf. If you use Koda to design your forms you will see that the column width is set by Koda just using a simple message.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You have to use the GuiListView UDF functions in order to do anything with a listview. Specifically, I believe _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth() is what you are looking for.

Ah - I was just looking in the help file.

Thanks, I'll try and see if i can find that.

Of course, a lot of the UDFs do nothing more than make DLL Calls that you could do yourself. You can extract the relevant DLL Calls from the UDFs, if you know what you are doing and are willing to take the time to do it.

Well i don't know what I'm doing - and I'm not sure I have time to be a full fledged programmer (not even sure what udfs are).

Is it a problem that i have used the inbuilt functions documented in the manual?

For instance GUICtrlCreateListView returns a control pointer, but you apparently need a window pointer to set the width?

Calling _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth has no effect.

No, it should still work fine. I just did something similar a few days ago. Make sure your syntax is correct, and that you've included GuiListView.au3.

Must be because I didn't have a GUISetState() call.

Seems to be working now.

Thanks.