SciTE Settings for Koda

Mat

• Developers

What would be useful (not sure if this is the right place), but to be able to run without bothering the output pane, because I always want to run 2 things at the same time from SciTE and can't. The time this occurs a lot is if I have koda open, and try to run a script...

Correct, this is a totally different subject: You need to realise that SciTE is "waiting" for Koda to return AutoIt3Code to be inserted into the current open source file so you should not do anything else. To resolve this would be easy assuming you do not want this insert function. Just change the setting for Koda option in your SciTEUser.properties for it and set it like AU3Info.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Correct, this is a totally different subject: You need to realise that SciTE is "waiting" for Koda to return AutoIt3Code to be inserted into the current open source file so you should not do anything else. To resolve this would be easy assuming you do not want this insert function. Just change the setting for Koda option in your SciTEUser.properties for it and set it like AU3Info.

Jos

You learn something new everyday! Thanks Jos.

Where is that SciTEUser.properties file located? I wasn't able to locate it on my computer.

Yeah, because pressing "Open User Options File" from within SciTE is soo uncool :D

• Developers

Where is that SciTEUser.properties file located? I wasn't able to locate it on my computer.

It is only created after you open it via the SciTE Tools menu and located in the @UserProfileDir.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yeah, because pressing "Open User Options File" from within SciTE is soo uncool :D

Please cut the crap - will you? I thought you better than that. :huggles:

@Jos

Thanks for specifing the location.

I've actually opened the file but I thought it wasn't the correct one because no Koda mentions were there.

Would you please help me do that modification?

Thanks

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

I've actually opened the file but I thought it wasn't the correct one because no Koda mentions were there.

Would you please help me do that modification?

Thanks

Well I've never heard of having to close Koda before running a script that Koda is used for. I update scripts from Koda and then run them from SciTE to test them and develop them then maybe go back to Koda. Perhaps with more than one script and more than one form design open at once. Koda is not mentioned in my SciTEUser.properties file either.

Maybe I misunderstand :D

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Please cut the crap - will you? I thought you better than that. :huggles:

What crap? I told you exactly what to do. Jos said the exact same thing and I don't see you going crazy over him.

Maybe you should start to pretend you're 41 instead of acting like 14.

Have a free hug on me! :D

• Developers

I will split this topic in a separate topic for the Koda settings after having answered the posted questions.

@enaiman: There is nothing in there unless you want to add personal preferences to the SciTE installation. For examples when you use SciTEConfig to set your own colorscheme it will be saved in this file.

To override the Koda settings you just copy the settings from au3.properties and change them to what you want. Something like this should work:

# 12 lookfar's Koda FormDesigner- change the setting to avoid SciTE to wait for Koda
command.subsystem.12.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.12.$(au3)=2

@Martin, SciTE will wait for Koda when you start it via the Tools menubecause it expect Koda to dump the AutoIt3 Code visa STDOUT which then is inserted at the SciTE Cursor locations.

Jos :D

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Wow... I just got very confused very quickly. I knew I hadn't started this thread!

Yes you did... you only forgot to push the correct button. :D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Confusion just got slightly worse :D

Its was a nice way of saying you high-jacked that Examples thread and you should have created a support thread in the first place. :huggles:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Martin, SciTE will wait for Koda when you start it via the Tools menubecause it expect Koda to dump the AutoIt3 Code visa STDOUT which then is inserted at the SciTE Cursor locations.

Jos :D

Oh I see. I've never run Koda from the tools menu and I'm not sure I want to. I don't want Koda code inserted at the cursor I want it in the gui design which I do with the Koda update feature (^U). Or maybe that's the way you get the initial design inserted in the script?

(Some time passes while I play with this)

I'm happy with the old fashioned copy and paste to get the initial code where I want it, then I get the correct file reference for the form design and in the script so thereafter the ^U works which suits me better.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Developers

Or maybe that's the way you get the initial design inserted in the script?

correct.

I'm happy with the old fashioned copy and paste to get the initial code where I want it, then I get the correct file reference for the form design and in the script so thereafter the ^U works which suits me better.

I will be honest about it and tell you I haven't tested the update feature yet since I haven't done much scripting since a year or 2.

Maybe we need to review the way Koda should be ran from SciTE by default.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.