Is this a bug or am I doing it all wrong?

QingZi

Hi guys,

I was playing around with a test virus trying to capture Anti-Virus(AV) pop ups with screenshots. I could not get it to capture the virus scan result pop up using _screencapture_capture.

Below are the screenshots:

Taken using Autoit

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/fromautoit.jpg/

Taken manually through Print Screen

http://img208.imageshack.us/i/frommanual.jpg/

And the very simple sample code that could reproduce this problem

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>

_ScreenCapture_Capture(@DesktopDir & "\From Autoit.jpg")

Anyone experienced this problem before?

Edited by QingZi

So what you're saying is that you're writing a virus?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

So what you're saying is that you're writing a virus?

its a test virus from eicar.org. EICAR stands for European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research. http://eicar.org/about_us/

it is just used to trigger av pop ups and does nothing. http://eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

and no, i am using that test file to trigger av alerts. i am not writing one.

back to topic, i am here to ask about _screencapture_capture function. anyone experienced this before?

Edited by QingZi

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>

$pos = MouseGetPos()
MouseMove(@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight,0)
_ScreenCapture_Capture(@DesktopDir & "\From Autoit.jpg")
MouseMove($pos[0],$pos[1],0)

Why the mouse moves?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

I know there's no problem with Eicar :D

Have you tried the Windows Info tool to grab information about this particular popup?

It could help you identify the window programmatically and then capture this window only (if it works at all!) using _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

The mouse moves make the mouse go away for the instant it is taking the screenshot.

I was going to do a DllCall to hide it, but forgot the function name :D

No need: simply use the last parameter of _ScreenCapture_Capture for doing just that.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)