Easier and Faster Scripts

TECH

These are some hints for getting better and faster scripts.

Feel free to post as many as you want.

I will edit and change as I go along

1. To get a faster script involving "send", Dont just go like:

While 1

Send("{left}")

Send("{right}")

WEnd

Go like this:

While 1

Send("{left}")

Send("{right}")

Send("{left}")

Send("{right}")

Send("{left}")

Send("{right}")

Send("{left}")

Send("{right}")

Send("{left}")

Send("{right}")

WEnd

Because than AutoIt wont have to think of 'Does it say stop or go'.

It will keep pressing the keys for a bit then it will think

If this post is in the wrong section I'm sorry.

(How do you delete posts if you can)?

You're in the wrong section. And you can't delete posts, you need a Mod to move them. Try to post in the right forum next time :D

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Where should this be??

No where.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

There isn't a forum for this kind of stuff, and your technique improves the scripts speed by minuscule amounts (if any), so it's not super important information.

Edited by Minikori

There isn't a forum for this kind of stuff, and your technique improves the scripts speed by minuscule amounts (if any), so it's not super important information.

Actually for a game i played called "Sprinter", it raised the speed of the buttons by a really noticable difference.

Either way, there isn't a forum for this, so you can keep these little gems to yourself until someone asks about them.

Not at all, you're new to this forum, so you've got a lot to learn.

Not at all, you're new to this forum, so you've got a lot to learn.

So, what you are saying is, keep things to myself unless they can cut down on the things you have to script, like shortcuts, or super-duper helpful stuff like 'real' tuts?

What I'm saying is that things like this don't need to be posted unless someone asks for a way to speed up their script involving send. Now, if you made a bitchin' tutorial on, say, how to make jumplists for an AutoIt script, go right ahead and post it in example scripts.

What I'm saying is that things like this don't need to be posted unless someone asks for a way to speed up their script involving send. Now, if you made a bitchin' tutorial on, say, how to make jumplists for an AutoIt script, go right ahead and post it in example scripts.

Erm.. What.. is a jump list.