New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.79

Jos

• Developers

.. and your point is?

I am well aware of the updates made by Neil and haven't found a reason yet to start looking at the v2 developments.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Nevermind. editing AutoIt3Wrapper was less work than expected.

This means you are convicted to do maintenance from now on with every release.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This means you are convicted to do maintenance from now on with every release.

Just a simple compiled script takes care of all my nit-picking issues. Install Scite, Run the script, Tout finis.

I have to build a new listt of things to change, your turn is coming up again soon, I can just feel it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

I have to build a new listt of things to change, your turn is coming up again soon, I can just feel it.

Sure... You have number 500134242 and I am currently processing number 1 :mellow:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Mmm :mellow: ... ok.

If I like to run/do something whenever I fire a "run/go (or au3check/syntaxcheck) script" from scite(4autoit3).

Any relative simple or easy ways of doing that?

- without disabling AutoIt3Wrapper function/use itself.

- similar functionality as #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before, but than(also) for when using "run/go (or au3check/syntaxcheck) script".

-- like to test something to see if its actually usable. (modding AutoIt3Wrapper no really my favorite option for just a test, if not needed)

?

Just for my curiosity: Why would you want to run anything when doing a Run and especially when doing Au3Check?

Jos :(

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hey Jos, there is something funky with the "Jump to Function" (Ctrl+J) and "Open Include" (Alt+I).

This fails:

#include "..\Unclude's\Debug.au3"
ConsoleWrite(_DebugBugReportEnv() & @CRLF)

Alt+I returns:

"Couldn't locate include file: ..\Uncludes\Debug.au3"

And Ctrl+J fails with:

"Unable to find function definition: _DebugBugReportEnv"

And this fails:

#include "..\Unclude;s\Debug.au3"
ConsoleWrite(_DebugBugReportEnv() & @CRLF)

Alt+I returns:

"Couldn't locate include file: ..\Unclude"

But Ctrl+J works

Any chance you can and/or will fix it? :mellow:

What is the correct include directory name?

Those were the correct names and they runs just fine, as relative paths are supported by AutoIt.exe, it's just Ctrl+J and Alt+I that fails. :mellow:

It seems you are parsing " ' " and " ; " incorrectly.

\Unclude is a correct name and shouldn't be \Include?

What the folder is called is irrelevant, as long as the quote after #Include has a " ' " or " ; " in it, it fails.

Edit: And sorry if I implied relative paths has anything do do with it, further testing show it doesn't.

This fails the same way:

#include "MaryHadALittleCow'and a bean\SDL.au3"
ConsoleWrite(VarGetType(_SDL_Linked_Version()) & @CRLF)
Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• Developers

What the folder is called is irrelevant, as long as the quote after #Include has a " ' " or " ; " in it, it fails.

It is relevant to me because for me to be able to replicate your issue I need to create a setup with similar settings as yours.

Since the default standard include directory is called AutoIt3\Include i do not have the issue.

So please give me all details of the setup you use to be able to replicate the issue, including these settings:

openpath.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\include
openpath.beta.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\beta\include

Jos :mellow:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Edit: And sorry if I implied relative paths has anything do do with it, further testing show it doesn't.

This fails the same way:

#include "MaryHadALittleCow'and a bean\SDL.au3"
ConsoleWrite(VarGetType(_SDL_Linked_Version()) & @CRLF)

_SDL_Linked_Version() ?

That is not a standard UDF name so are you using some private Include directory or own UDF file in the standard include directory?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Why are you playing me around like this? :mellow:

Just create a folder anywhere with ' or ; in the name, and try to include a file from there. "Jump to Function" and "Open Include" will go crazy, as said in my previous post. Standard directories and which function used is irrelevant.

Ok... Whatever.

Fine then. This has to be the worst joke ever from you, but if you insist on continuing it lets do that.

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

openpath.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\include

openpath.beta.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\beta\include

Was that what you wanted to know? SciTE config files are not my territory. But again, I don't see hot any of this matters, did you even try what I have said? The code is right there on post 28, just create the folder, save the scripts and copy Debug.au3 there.

• Developers

Fine then. This has to be the worst joke ever from you, but if you insist on continuing it lets do that.

You seriously have the impression I am trying to be funny with you ... right?

Well I wasn't and simply did not understand what you where trying to tell me.

Anyway: I am signing off for today and let you know when I found the motivation again to look at this....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

He's saying that parsing the string is failing due to incorrectly stripping single quotes (') and stopping at a semicolon (;) in mid string.

It has nothing to do with the location of the directory, only the fact that the parser is wrong.

If it contains a ', the ' seems to be stripped. If it contains a ;, the parser stops right there even though it's in a string.

I don't understand why that was misunderstood. o-o

Edited by Richard Robertson

Finally someone that understands something I say! Thank you Richard! :mellow:

I didn't know anything about Lua before this, but I have actually managed to follow the flow of the code to what seems to be the culprits.

For the Alt+I issues=

In function:AutoItTools:OpenInclude

IncFile = string.gsub(IncFile,";(.*)","") - Assumes semicolon is a comment, even though it in reality may as well be a folder

IncFile = string.gsub(IncFile,"'","") - Assumes the single-quotes are surrounding the declared string, even though, ehh you know.

Ctrl+J fails somewhere in AutoItGotoDefinition:GotoDefinition but I'm not sure exactly where, but a start would be to fix the seemingly broken pattern_local in AutoItGotoDefinition:GetIncludes

And again, I don't know anything about Lua, so I can't fix this myself. Anyone else care to take a look?

I don't know LUA, and that's not my department. However what I said above still stands. Custom include directories must be specified in those settings or it won't work even if you change the parser.

/edit: fix -> change (it's not broken)

Edited by wraithdu