New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.79

Jos

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.. and your point is?

I am well aware of the updates made by Neil and haven't found a reason yet to start looking at the v2 developments.

Was just wondering if there is any news in the direction. Your work with this is an extremely useful contribution i would thank u again.

There's just some bugfixes / improvements in scite v2 and i am sure you would be able to decide if its gonna be worthy for us.

• Developers

There's just some bugfixes / improvements in scite v2 and i am sure you would be able to decide if its gonna be worthy for us.

I am not aware of any bugfixes that we would need to implement and most of what I saw was introduced with V2 when the Multiple block selection was introduced.

We will be looking at the new version as soon as we have the feeling that the V2 version is stable enough, but there is no real rush from our site.

Jos :mellow:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I don't know LUA, and that's not my department. However what I said above still stands. Custom include directories must be specified in those settings or it won't work even if you change the parser.

/edit: fix -> change (it's not broken)

Correct but he's defining a relative path directly to the include file and the search sequence logic, which would use these definitions, isn't needed.

I had the same short-circuit in my brain yesterday evening and went into "lets ask questions mode" which wasn't appreciated as far as I can tell.

Oh well "shit happens" and Valik indicated he's not fixing the LUA stuff for a reason I fully agree with.

Jos :mellow:

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

:mellow:27,781377]32, Any suggestions, or final comment. (I'm kinda hanging in mid air here.)

You mean that this reply didn't really mean there is no real reason yet?

Erm, Just playing around with some silly idea(s). (current idea seems to silly at this moment to go into the details.)

Its just that it demands that a specific AutoIt setting is checked(and updated if needed) before any full code parsing or processing is done.

I am not really going to add any functionality to AutoIt3Wrapper unless there is a good reason and it will serve a purpose for a larger group. Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

suggestion. (adds a little additional built-in support for on the fly local adjustments to Scite4AutoIt3 for user api and keyword settings) (Scite4AutoIt3 update save)

Adding a empty, but specially named, variable to the api and keywords8 settings in "au3.properties" These variables can be used in a similar way as, for example the file "au3.user.calltips.api", to allow for additional user additions to the api or keywords settings. (without the need to edit "au3.properties", or copy+edit them to+in "SciTEUser.properties".)

But these variables would have the additional benefit that they, unlike the "au3.user.calltips.api" setting, also can be used for, on the fly, local adjustment of these settings. (I'm not just thinking small advance Scite(4Autoit3) user group here, but also possible future AutoIt code tools.)

file: ...\AutoIt3\SciTE\Properties\au3.properties
line ~280: api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.autoit3wrapper.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.user.calltips.api
line ~329; keywords8.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.udfs) $(au3.keywords.user.udfs)

With the possible variable names: $(au3.local.calltips.api) and $(au3.local.user.udfs)

those line would become:

api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.autoit3wrapper.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.user.calltips.api;$(au3.local.calltips.api)
keywords8.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.udfs) $(au3.keywords.user.udfs) $(au3.local.user.udfs)

If there is a alternative way to accomplish this, (without the need to edit "au3.properties", or copy+edit them to+in "SciTEUser.properties"). I'm all ears.

Trying to understand why you want one other user defined UDF definition when there is one already.

In other words: How does User.udfs differ from local.user.udfs?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Doesn't your au3.properties contain this already?

# Autocomplete and call tip settings
api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.autoit3wrapper.api;$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.user.calltips.api

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos,Jos,Jos, I knew your turn was coming.

Just a little bug that I've noticed before and forgot to mention.

Copy/Paste the following line into a new script.

$sPath = StringRegExpReplace(@AutoItExe, "^(.+\\).+$", "$1Include\\")

On the next line type this

MsgBox(0, "TEST", $

That should be as much as you have to type to see the problem in the popup and I don't know if there is any way around it from your end.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I assume you are talking about $1Include appearing in the popup as if it were a variable. That will not be fixed.

That's what I was talking about. The fact that it picks it up as a variable even though it's in a quoted string.

Not a biggie but it sure can increase the size of that popup when there are a lot of quoted variables.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I have missed something or done something silly however I cannot solve an issue I have with the latest version of Scite.

I downloaded the zip file version as I cannot install programs at work. Scite cannot find the Au3Check.exe file. I am running in prod '/prod /AU3Check /in "F:\Test.au3'

+>11:47:11 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
! Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!
! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: \au3check.exe Not Found !

I changed the autoit3dir setting in the au3.properities file and Scite is able to find AutoIt3Wrapper, AU3Recorder, Tidy, help file and everything else I tested. I can also build, go, run the info tool and includes work.

Looking in the code it would appear the $Au3checkpgmdir (Global $Au3checkpgm = $INP_AutoitDir & "\au3check.exe) is not set for some reason. I noticed there are some RegReads to set it up.

I would understand if nothing worked but why is it only the AU3CHECK does not work? Since it is in the same dir as Au3Info.exe, why does that work?

Thanks

Edit It is worth noting, when build and go (F7 & F5) it appears AU3Check runs fine, the issue occurs when I press CTRL+F5.

Edited by bo8ster

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

• Developers

What is your directory structure for AutoIt3 prgrams and the SciTE installation?

When are you getting the au3check error? (When doing F5/F7/Ctrl F7)

Can you show the console output when doing F5?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The error occurs when pressing Ctrl+F5 - or Tools->SyntaxCheck Prod.

The AutoIt3 program was unzipped to F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt. The Scite program was unzipped to F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\AU3Scite.

Modifed au3.properties so autoit3dir=F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt. I don't know where to change $(SciteDefaultHome) so have not.

The program contains the following directives

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters= -d

Output for Build (F7)

>"F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\AU3Scite\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.au3" /autoit3dir "F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt"
+>09:37:16 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  params:-d  from:F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt
+>09:37:17 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.0):F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.au3" /out "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.exe" /nopack /comp 2 /Console
+>09:37:18 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.0.0):F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\aut2exe\upx.exe" --best --compress-icons=0 -qq "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.exe"
    659095 ->    313495   47.56%    win32/pe     RunConfTest.exe
+>09:37:20 UPX Ended: rc:0
+>09:37:20 Created program:F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.exe
->09:37:20 Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 4.683

Output for Go (F5)

>"F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\AU3Scite\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.au3" /autoit3dir "F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt" /UserParams    
+>09:39:01 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  params:-d  from:F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt
+>09:39:01 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.0):F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\autoit3.exe "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.au3"

Output for 'SyntaxCheck Prod' (Ctrl+F5)

>"F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\AU3Scite\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /AU3Check /in "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.au3"
+>09:40:17 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: \au3check.exe Not Found !

>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.348

Interestingly I tried to compile, Ctrl+F7 here is the output.

>"F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\AU3Scite\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner\RunConfTest.au3"
+>09:41:04 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
->Icon not found:F:\Portable\documents\TestRunner

From there the AutoIt3Wrapper GUI to Compile appears. Using the GUI I can make an exe using the GUI.

I have not created or edited any other files other then indicated.

Thanks.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

That has worked. I overwrote the existing Scite folder and its contents.

In this case I assume I have to have Scite in a sub directory of the autoIt dir called Sctie, thus autoit3dir/Scite or F:\Portable\Downloads\AutoIt\Scite.

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance to have "Jump to Function" (CTRL+J) and "Open Include" (ALT+I) search the "Include" registry key?

The regkey is not very useful without good support from SciTE in my opinion.

There is a special registry value that can be created at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" called "Include". It should be a REG_SZ (string) value. The contents of this value are a semi-colon delimited list of directories that should be searched for files when resolving #include's in addition to the standard locations.

Not your exact solution, but add any paths you want searched to your SciTEUser.properties file, following the defaults, separated by semicolons:

openpath.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\include;C:\path\to\my\includes

openpath.beta.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\beta\include;C:\path\to\my\beta\includes