#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=d:\sd\exe\inetgettst.exe

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <Date.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Include <GuiListView.au3>

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) ;0=no, 1=require pre-declare

InetGet("www.scoresandodds.com/boxscore_20090615MLCLEVELAND0.html","D:\ttt.txt",1)

MsgBox(0, "", @error)

I get the same results whether I run it thru the interpreter or as a standalone module...the output file is not written and @error is "1"...

Checked AV and firewall for events but nothing...

I am sure that I am not seeing something obvious but do not not what it is...

Help, please...

Kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Documentation error

Use this instead

InetGet("http://www.scoresandodds.com/boxscore_20090615MLCLEVELAND0.html","D:\ttt.txt",1)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

George,

Thanks for the prompt reply...this was making me nuts thinking that I had forgotten how to read/code...

I have another routine that DOES work but is passing in the url as a variable..any thoughts on that??

Kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I have another routine that DOES work but is passing in the url as a variable..any thoughts on that??

What do you mean? Of course you can use either a litteral or a string variable or the string return value of a function as the URL parameter. So what do _you_ think?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

George,

Once again, thanks...

My error...reviewed code that works (again) and I am passing int he high-level qualifier (HTTP://)...

(hiding head in embarrassment)

One other question...have read all of the doc that I can find (help files, examples, Google searches, this forum) Can you point me at some additional doc (then I can quit asking idiotic questions, maybe!!) ??

Thanks,

Kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

One other question...have read all of the doc that I can find (help files, examples, Google searches, this forum) Can you point me at some additional doc (then I can quit asking idiotic questions, maybe!!) ??

Do you have examples of questions that are not covered in the help file?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

jchd,

Please do not interpret my questions as any kind of criticism, expressed or implied...

for an example of my confusion see the InetGet help doc...

I'm assuming that in the RETURN VALUE section after doc for "SUCCESS:" should be a tag for "FAILURE:" (about 5 lines down). This is obviously a doc error, however, when reading this help file member I could draw incorrect inferences about the use of a return variable after looking at the examples...e.g. foreground xfer examples do not use a return variable...but is is not clear whether they can or cannot not use a return variable without trial and error...perhaps this is nitpicking...

Net out...every tool has it's own flavor with regard to implementation, use and doc...let's say that I don't have a feel for the AutoIT flavor, yet...

Again,

Thanks to everyone that took time to reply...

Kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

You're right, there is a minor error in this page: there should be a Failure: tag 3 lines below Success:

Thank's for pointing this out.

I'm assuming that in the RETURN VALUE section after doc for "SUCCESS:" should be a tag for "FAILURE:" (about 5 lines down). This is obviously a doc error, however, when reading this help file member I could draw incorrect inferences about the use of a return variable after looking at the examples

Even with the tag missing, what you have is (I wonder if Failure: will survive Code tag):

Success: depends on background use
    Background: returns a handle
    Wait: returns the size d/l
[color="#ff0000"]Failure:[/color] Background: handle. Use it to feed error-checking function
    Wait: return 0 and sets @error

The intents seems pretty obvious anyway. It's fairly difficult to reach 100% with a documentation of this size!

...e.g. foreground xfer examples do not use a return variable

It would be difficult as well to illustrate the usage or not usage of any optional parameter and return value for every function. Using the return value is optional, of course.

George,

Once again, thanks...

My error...reviewed code that works (again) and I am passing int he high-level qualifier (HTTP://)...

(hiding head in embarrassment)

Thanks,

Kylomas

That was not an idiotic question. It's an error in the documentation that has been corrected in the latest Beta version, I just happened to be aware of it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"