How to retrieve info from an application's GUI?

czhe

Hi all,

Still very new to AutoIt and I've hit a bit of a bump.

I'm trying to automate the running of 3DMark 2006. My problem is that I need to be able to select a particular resolution to run at. 3DMark's GUI looks like:

Posted Image

AutoIt Window Info gives me this:

Posted Image

Let's say I need to run it at 1440 x 900, how can I accomplish this? Is there a way to read the values in that combo box and compared to my own variable, for example? The other problem is that this list of resolutions will change depending on different monitors, so I can't just hard-code it.

Thanks for any input,

czhe

Edited by czhe

Hi czhe,

I'm very new to the AutoIt World. What I will do is simulating mouse action. You can find how to simulate mouse point in help file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rui

Hi all,

Still very new to AutoIt and I've hit a bit of a bump.

I'm trying to automate the running of 3DMark 2006. My problem is that I need to be able to select a particular resolution to run at. 3DMark's GUI looks like:

Posted Image

AutoIt Window Info gives me this:

Posted Image

Let's say I need to run it at 1440 x 900, how can I accomplish this? Is there a way to read the values in that combo box and compared to my own variable, for example? The other problem is that this list of resolutions will change depending on different monitors, so I can't just hard-code it.

Thanks for any input,

czhe

Thanks for your replies.

@Rui: I want to stay away from mouse cursors as that would be hard-coding the algorithm and I would need the flexibility in the future.

@Volly: Yes 3DMark 2006 has command line options, but in the long run I want to extend my script to run 3DMar 2003, which does not have command line options.

Sounds like I'm in for a challenge here.