au3 recorder help needed

remus

Hi guys,

I just found autoit and am hopeing to automate software installation for computers. I'm a volunteer for ADRA community centre, where we provide free compuer training.

Anyway I started using autoit, and came across a mention of au3recorder, which sounds like it would make my life even easier. However I cant find it anywhere.

I've installed

- autoit-v3-setup.exe

- SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

HOwever I can not find the au3recorder program anywhere, any help is appreciated.

remus

• 3 weeks later...

Alt-F6 in SciTE

Hi, I just downloaded and installed both Autoitv3 and scite4autoit.

SciTE Version 1.79 Jul 16 2009 18:30:31

I launched the Scite, in the Menu --> 'Tools' I don't see the 'AU3Recoder Alt+F6'

and pressing the Alt + F6 but still no luck.

I wish they did not remove the option AU3Record from 'Tools'

Any help please?

Tim

im tried to make it to, but there is no such option (with saved or not saved script i dont see anything when i pres Alt+F6)

That looks like the Lite Scite4AutoIt3 in the picture with the output info shown. Get the full Scite4AutoIt3 here.

@Timothy09

AutoIt3Wrapper does call Au3Record. This maybe a problem for Jos to solve as time permits.

• Developers

@Timothy09

AutoIt3Wrapper does call Au3Record. This maybe a problem for Jos to solve as time permits.

Not sure what it is that I would need to look at?

It is correct that AutoIt3Wrapper launches au3record to facilitate starting the correct version for (x86/x64).

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Not sure what it is that I would need to look at?

It is correct that AutoIt3Wrapper launches au3record to facilitate starting the correct version for (x86/x64).

Jos

Hi, I found the auto3recorder in either:

then check path: *\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record and

exe: \AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record\au3record.exe.

I made to shortcut of au3record on the Desktop. I now can launch the au3record (not from ALT+F6 nor Menu-Tools). The new problem is, after start to record, moving the mouse and open an app, then 'Stop Record', I saved it file.au3 on the desktop, I doubled click on file.au3, it does not work, in the bottom of windows Taskbar I see the mini-icon of au3-logo, I click on it and see, 'Script Pause'. I exit it, and double click again on file.au3 and observe same behavior.

Any help?

Thanks Tim

Hi, I found the auto3recorder in either:

then check path: *\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record and

exe: \AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record\au3record.exe.

I made to shortcut of au3record on the Desktop. I now can launch the au3record (not from ALT+F6 nor Menu-Tools).

OK, good resilience Tim, but that does not solve your initial problem. Can you start Au3Info Tool from the Scite4AutoIt3 Tools menu?

The new problem is, after start to record, moving the mouse and open an app, then 'Stop Record', I saved it file.au3 on the desktop, I doubled click on file.au3, it does not work, in the bottom of windows Taskbar I see the mini-icon of au3-logo, I click on it and see, 'Script Pause'. I exit it, and double click again on file.au3 and observe same behavior.

Any help?

Thanks Tim

Tim, you are trying to change the current subject. Please start a new topic about the use of Au3record and post the code that is giving you problems. Note that clicking the icon to pause is normal.

@Jos

I am not sure if my issue is linked with Tims issue. I cannot start Au3record or Au3Info Tool. If I insert into AutoitWrapper.au3 after line 193. I pass /au3record as a parameter in the parameters window of Scite4AutoIt3 (Shift+F8).

ConsoleWrite($CurrentAutoIt_InstallDir & @CRLF)

I am running zipped AutoIt3 and zipped Scite4AutoIt3 on 32 bit Win 7 for this test (no installations of the previous).

Scite4AutoIt3 Output:

>"C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\.." /UserParams /au3record

>Running Tidy (2.1.0.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\tidy

+>18:47:33 Tidy ended.rc:0

>Running AU3Check (1.54.18.0) params:-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 from:C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\..

+>18:47:33 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.1.4):C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe "C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /au3record

+>18:47:33 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.526

The difference shown below with AutoIt3 _installed_ and using same Scite4AutoIt3 editor as previous and same AutoIt3Wrapper.au3.

Scite4AutoIt3 Output:

>"C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\.." /UserParams /au3record

>Running Tidy (2.1.0.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\tidy

+>18:37:04 Tidy ended.rc:0

>Running AU3Check (1.54.18.0) params:-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 from:C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\..

+>18:37:04 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.1.4):C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe "C:\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /au3record

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>18:37:07 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 5.001

I bolded the difference.

The value of $CurrentAutoIt_InstallDir is OK in the latter output but empty string in the earlier output. The earlier test cause Au3record and AutoIt Info Tool (that use $CurrentAutoIt_InstallDir) to fail to start as an incomplete path is passed to Run().

• Developers

Mhz, it looks like you are not running the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3's AutoIt3Wrapper?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Mhz, it looks like you are not running the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3's AutoIt3Wrapper?

AutoIt3Wrapper is version 2.0.1.22. The AutoIt3 version is previous version but has same Au3record and Au3info structure. I updated the AutoIt3 directory to latest version and downloaded another zip of Scite4AutoIt3 to ensure correct testing. $CurrentAutoIt_InstallDir remains an empty variable as the only search for a value is in the registry which is no good for zip users.

I have added into AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 after line 193

If Not $CurrentAutoIt_InstallDir And FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\..\..\AutoIt3.exe') Then
    $CurrentAutoIt_InstallDir = @ScriptDir & '\..\..'
EndIf

and compiled it to fix the issue for now. Now Au3record runs, Au3info runs and I noticed the versions listed in AutoIt3Wrapper Gui are now not showing 0.0.0.0.

• Developers

The issue is that you probably do not have the standard registry entries which make the start of the utilities fail.

I have made a change to au3.properties and autoit3wrapper to use the /autoitdir parameter when starting these 2 utilities.

Could you try the current Beta versions of these files?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.