Can't find controls for java application

murfaul

Hello,

I have an application which I am trying to automate the GUI. I have tried using the Au3Info tool, however it provides me with no control information what so ever. The Au3Info tool only provides the window name and the class name (SunAwtFrame). I then found out that it is a Java application and found Java UDF thread after some digging around. I then installed the Java access bridge and tried using the Java Ferret. This didn't provide me with anything either. After trying some of the examples I was able to confirm that the Java Ferret does work.

Does anyone know of another way to obtain window controls or have any suggestions for me?

I need this automation to be quite reliable (for television broadcast), using mouseclicks would worry me. I am trying to automate a playback feature on a video server. I need it to play video at certain times of the day or night when no one is around. I was initially surprised that the playback feature did not support some sort of playlist and scheduling capability so this is why I am trying to automate.

Thanks for the response.

I see. Just a short personal "report". I've been using some scripts for quite a long time on my video PC, too, which is basically a PVR and a streaming server. Some applications on that machine are also Java-based. As long as you make sure the Java application is the active window before sending MouseClick(), I think you won't have to get too nervous about reliability, at least not on a PC which usually isn't touched by users changing active windows manually.

But of course it's different if you have to fill out controls which would require text input or the like.

regards,

Mike