does target application need to be always focused for autoit scripts to run ?

sayru

hi very new to autoit...discovered this gem today.

basically will autoit script/exe still run on a minimized running process ? for example, notepad is minimized will autoit still do its magic ? or does notepad need to be focused and active ? if not doable on autoit, how can i achieve this with other programs ?

also, off topic question, does autoit also able to click on links and buttons on websites ? if not is there something that can accomplish this ?

how can i find resources on using autoit api with vb6 ?

thank you !!!

AutoIt can edit .txt files without needing to open it by using FileWrite, FileWriteLine functions.

It does not only access applications that should be kept on top of other windows. The buttons, links that you

have in apps, websites have controls, autoit can work without clicking.

First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a programming style. Then forget all that and just hack. -George Carrette[sub]GD Keylogger Creator (never released)[/sub][sub]Garena Autojoin v3.0[/sub]

hi very new to autoit...discovered this gem today.

basically will autoit script/exe still run on a minimized running process ? for example, notepad is minimized will autoit still do its magic ? or does notepad need to be focused and active ? if not doable on autoit, how can i achieve this with other programs ?

Read the help file. Look at ControlSend() as an example. It can operate with a minimized window.

also, off topic question, does autoit also able to click on links and buttons on websites ? if not is there something that can accomplish this ?

Read the help file. Look at the _IE* functions and try the example scripts there.

how can i find resources on using autoit api with vb6 ?

Read the help file (seeing a pattern here?), then you'll have to be more specific about what you want to do.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law