Button over Pic control

dabien99

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked already. I searched the forums and was unable to find anything, but of course there's a chance it was asked in some form and I missed it.

My question is: How can I get a button control to work over a Picture control?

For example, suppose I had a Picture control in a GUI showing the picture of a maze. Now I create a button and place it in the center of the maze. When I compile and push the button, it doesn't appear to respond; however, when I remove the Picture control, leaving only the button, the button works fine.

Does anyone know how I can make this work? I would really appreciate if someone could help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

dabien99

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked already. I searched the forums and was unable to find anything, but of course there's a chance it was asked in some form and I missed it.

My question is: How can I get a button control to work over a Picture control?

For example, suppose I had a Picture control in a GUI showing the picture of a maze. Now I create a button and place it in the center of the maze. When I compile and push the button, it doesn't appear to respond; however, when I remove the Picture control, leaving only the button, the button works fine.

Does anyone know how I can make this work? I would really appreciate if someone could help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

dabien99

Welcome to the AutoIt forums dabien99 :D

Since you are new and need to form good habits I won't tell you the answer but how to find it.

First you should look in the help for GuiCtrlCreatePic which tells you the answer.

If that were to fail, (but in this case it shouldn't) then you should try searching the forums because this question has been asked every few weeks since I've been using the forums which is over 5 years.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Welcome to the AutoIt forums dabien99 :D

Since you are new and need to form good habits I won't tell you the answer but how to find it.

First you should look in the help for GuiCtrlCreatePic which tells you the answer.

If that were to fail, (but in this case it shouldn't) then you should try searching the forums because this question has been asked every few weeks since I've been using the forums which is over 5 years.

To answer my own question, all I needed to do was change the state of the Picture control to disabled, by using the GUICtrlSetState function (setting the state of that control to $GUI_DISABLE)

Thanks Martin!

To answer my own question, all I needed to do was change the state of the Picture control to disabled, by using the GUICtrlSetState function (setting the state of that control to $GUI_DISABLE)

Thanks Martin!

Excellent :D

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.