How can I save "silently"an excel object created by ObjCreate( "Excel.Application" )

Akshay07

What do you mean by "silent?" I would assume you mean in the background without a shown window, etc. But I also don't see what you're saying with "it's actually trying to save a copy," could you elaborate more if possible?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

OK, I will give more details.

The excel spreadsheet is opened and visible, but I do not want to have to activate it to write into it.

IF I try to use the $oExcel.Application.Save statement, it is opening a dialog box in the excel window, just like if I was doing "Save as" manually.

Let's assume that the excel spreadsheet name is "MyExcel.xls"

I will open it using

$oExcel = ObjCreate( "Excel.Application" )
    $oExcel.Visible = 1
    $oExcel.WorkBooks.Open ("C:\MyExcel.xls" )

Then, if I try to use

$oExcel.Application.Save

the window dialog box "save as" is displayed. This is what I want to bypass. I would like to save the spreadsheet without having any window dialog box.

Let me know if you need more details, I can get a screen capture.

Thanks!

Edited by Akshay07

Okay, well I just spent ~1 minute on MSDN looking at the Excel object and found this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h1e33e36%28VS.80%29.aspx

Look at the parameters they use for the SaveAs method and try that.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com