Au3Calibur new born

kjactive

I missed a programming tool when I first discovered autoit3 - a excerpts manager and so I wrote one 'actitually it's a clone of one I did for another language so I call it Au3Calibur - It is a SciTe macro tool and must be installed as such ( an example is included in the topics ) actually this application come as a installer script but an uninstall option is provided...

Excerpts managers can speed up programming a lot, just think,do you find that you frequently insert the same AutoIt instructions into many scripts that you write? Au3Calibur lets you manage a library of your commonly used code excerpts (ie, groups of AutoIt instructions). Each excerpt can be given a name. Au3Calibur displays a list of the names of your code excerpts. When you click upon 'Paste', the particular name, the instructions in that excerpt are inserted into the current SciTe editor window. So, you can easily insert from your library of code excerpts by scrolling a list of names, and parse on the desired excerpt....

Actually this is my first real attempt to see where autoit gui limits are to do a real IDE for this intuition and a tool I need to do this task...

I found some limitations in autoit gui and to Scite:

1. That SciTe can not run macro applications async. as to directly interface but has to take one command at the time ( need a quit to reinstate positions etc. )

2.that autoit shortcut ( accelerator support is weak and can't be used widely in a application ( to much to cope to include at least 25 accelerators )...

3.that autoit scripts are hard to keep track on when scripts get up to 100K code that a IDE would be ( I think that it's the global / local declare, the opt(.. and all the other tasks that been taken care of by autoit but I don't know why...

4.that Autoit gui are not total convertible with win32 api controls only almost ( that means that I has to make a lot of 'if this is not included then drop it' .... ( well no foss but I want to make my IDE .rc compatible )

But overall I find autoit gui support very well dressed as new born intuition api and don't take me wrong when I say that it's still in the target for small applications with only one or two windows models but what could the future not provide...

Download from my AutoIt homepage:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol.../Au3Calibur.exe

This application is still in a beta state but mostly becourse limitations in SciTe and AutoIt local accelerator supports but free to download and comment...

I think that the programmers related to autoit should take a little more time off to do installers and write topics as these are : almost non existing in this programming language - sorry :( ...

Kjactive :(

Edited by kjactive

The install procedure insists on creating a new folder on my desktop and will not allow me to select another location. Is this expected?

Thanks

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

True - as this is an SciTe macro only application it must be located in your SciTe directory as all the other macros and the installer pick up your Scite directory and adds Au3Calibur directory to this. You could manually move it but then I don't know what SciTe would do and the macro property example to include and the uninstaller would be wrong...

One note of warning - I would write this application to snap excerpts out of the text directly but then I noticed that if I did that the selected text would be wiped at quit and that was not the point and this SciTe behave was not to be removed as goes with all other SciTe macros - I then made this to interfase with clipboard BUT do not leave a selected text stay at quit - this was the only way to made interfase with SciTe - Sorry to say...

Kj :(

Sorry, I don't think you understood. It didn't install in the SciTe directory, it installed on my desktop C:\Documents and Settings\Dale\Desktop\Au3Calibur

Your installer provided an input box to change this, but it would not let me override this default value.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Okay I look into it but a directory called Au3Calibur will currently always be created...

I just discovered that the application is great to snap code out of this forum too and could be done without SciTe macro status just copy to clipboard Ctrl+C, open Au3Calubur and look and rename...

Au3Calibur is still in late beta state - if any sciters know how to overcome the previous interfase limitation please drop me a line but it just crossed my mind that it would be great to make an option to create different libraries of excerpts as this tool can copy directly from all kind of tools, editers as browsers etc. - as to have an excerps library to autoit, c, DHTML etc. to toogle in between...

kj :(

Edited by kjactive

Okay I looked into it and it seems that your initbase do not has the node I was picking the SciTe location from, not available. I wanted to use SciTe Uninstaller node but that was strange and included a lot of integers that I image has something to do with revision or ComputerID so I picked up another called 'App Path' - questen Where do I find a safe Scite path in the Initbase...

Currently use:

HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Scite.exe\Path ( could be XP specified )

Okay I looked into it and it seems that your initbase do not has the node I was picking the SciTe location from, not available. I wanted to use SciTe Uninstaller node but that was strange and included a lot of integers that I image has something to do with revision or ComputerID so I picked up another called 'App Path' - questen Where do I find a safe Scite path in the Initbase...

Currently use:

HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Scite.exe\Path ( could be XP specified )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Scite.exe\Default

Maybe you have another version of SciTE (newer)

EDIT: Path to the autoit related SciTE install is the one i mentioned

If you installed normal SciTE, it is the path you used

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

Thanks for your response - In other languasges I normally use the Uninstall entry

but this is not useable with scite as it has some sort of ID integers attached BUT your entry is not available on my computer initbase - I got one called (Standard) that ref. to Scite full path .exe included and I can't sepparate file from path in the installer script...

Do any of you sciters has this entry Path in the initbase please let me know...

Edited by kjactive

I made a major update to rev. 1.5 - as I stated previous, now Au3Calibur can be used just as one pleases ( as a macro or standalone ), there are no limit to amound of libraries as to excerpts in every linrary. The applications can now be used to speed up programming with every language one uses as to common text frases - it's still posible to interfase directly with SciTe but now also to every other editors or just interfase with the clipboard - almost no limits to this little excerpts library manager...

The path is not importent but one has to change the SciTe property example to fit the new path...

I still not found a clean initbase entry - if any know of one please let me know...

:( bugs reports, comments and just suggetions are welcome...

This application include an install / uninstaller as well as a Topics...

Download from site:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol.../Au3Calibur.exe

Edited by kjactive

Thanks for your response - In other languasges I normally use the Uninstall entry

but this is not useable with scite as it has some sort of ID integers attached BUT your entry is not available on my computer initbase - I got one called (Standard) that ref. to Scite full path .exe included and I can't sepparate file from path in the installer script...

Do any of you sciters has this entry Path in the initbase please let me know...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Standard) Thats the one the AutoIt SciTE install uses, in fact it is

RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\SciTE.exe","") that leads to (Standard) or (Default) think the name is language related

You should keep the choise to the user then i think

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

• Developers

RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\SciTE.exe","")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is correct... thats what the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer sets for SciTE.exe :(

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks JdeB that was what I suspected - The used installer initkey is correct... that's what SciTE4AutoIt3 installer sets for so I keep it but I'm not sure that I hold it in this way if peoble keep on getting trouble - I could make a 'subinstall into SciTe system' as an au3 script', let me know if this is wanted...

Please do report bugs, make suggestion or just plain comments...