Can i put two conditions in IF?

ts29

$state = WinGetState($hWnd)
    If BitAnd( $state, 1) AND ( $state, 2) AND ( $state, 4) Then
        blablabla

Is this do-able? Because when i do this code, i get unexpected behaviour in that even if the window is not visible and also not enabled( 2 and 4, 1 is whether window exists), the program scans the desktop as a "client" instead and returns maximum negative values on the integer coordinates (-32000,-32000).

I did search the Help File for If.. Then.. Else Conditional Statements but i did not find anything

Edited by ts29

If $state = 2+4+8+16 Then
    ;dooo stuffff

EndIf

You need to add up the values from WinGetState

1 = Window exists

2 = Window is visible ; ----

4 = Window is enabled ; ----

8 = Window is active ; ----

16 = Window is minimized

32 = Window is maximized ; ----

but any other if statment is like this..

If $var1 = "a" & $var2 = "a" & $var3 = "a" Then
Edited by Steveiwonder

They call me MrRegExpMan

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but in C++ you can use || for or. So if any of the conditions are true, code will be executed. But with and, all conditions must be met.

In C or C++ you use || for Logical Or and | for Bitwise Or.

Steviewonder has given a not-to-be-followed example by using addition to combine styles; styles and many other values should be Ored to get the result otherwise things can go wrong. For example BitOr(7,1) is not the same as 7 + 1.

You misunderstood his example of using &. In AutoIt the & operator is not for a logical And operation but for string concatenation. In AutoIt

7 & 1

will produce the string "71" from the 2 numbers.

@ ts29

Your example should be like this

If BitAnd( $state, 1) AND BitAnd( $state, 2) AND BitAnd( $state, 4) Then
 blablabla

or

If BitAnd( $state, BitOr(1,2,4)) then
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

In C or C++ you use || for Logical Or and | for Bitwise Or.

Steviewonder has given a not-to-be-followed example by using addition to combine styles; styles and many other values should be Ored to get the result otherwise things can go wrong. For example BitOr(7,1) is not the same as 7 + 1.

You misunderstood his example of using &. In AutoIt the & operator is not for a logical And operation but for string concatenation. In AutoIt

7 & 1

will produce the string "71" from the 2 numbers.

@ ts29

Your example should be like this

If BitAnd( $state, 1) AND BitAnd( $state, 2) AND BitAnd( $state, 4) Then
 blablabla

or

If BitAnd( $state, BitOr(1,2,4)) then

Ahh thank you. Although i used the example of

If $state = 1+2+4 Then

Thank you for that very elegant code though.

.. i used the example of

If $state = 1+2+4 Then

and if the window is Active the test will fail.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.