dazco

dazco

Well, guess i'll be the first to post on this shiny new board. I said before i wouldn't post for a while because i had so many in a short time. But hey.....thats all gone now, so here i am. B)

2 questions...

1)- how do i open a folder? Tried using the run command, but it didn't work. And oddly,i cannot find anything in the help files. I would think this would be one of the most basic and common commands.

2)-Assuming all things are equal like right after a reboot, why do my scripts that containg clicks and keystrokes work sometimes, then not. Often i find they work 3 or 4 times, then just quit for good ! Makes no sense. It's as tho my PC is "getting wise". :whistle:

Thanks for the command. As for the clicks, this happens even when the clicks are on the desktop and no folders are open. Plus i took your advice and click on windows to activate them when recording code with autoscriptwriter BEFORE i click any buttons. And they work fine till a bit later when they just decide to stop working for reasons unknown ! Wierd...

Related to this topic, here's a cool feature also:

Run, %SystemRoot%\\Explorer.exe /select\,"%TargetFileSpec%"

The above will launch a new explorer window with the %TargetFileSpec% (a file or a directory) pre-selected, which comes in handy for some things.